GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problems with Bluefin

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
Hi,

i used to have 08 GTI and had stage 1 bluefin with no problem..i bought a 09 GTi because i had an accident with my 08 and decided to go for stage 2 so i went for Milltek TBE and K&N Typhoon and got the stage 2 software from bluefin

from a couple of days i got a vagcom and decided to run a scan and found this:-
Address 01: Engine Labels: 06F-907-115-AXX.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 907 115 R HW: 8P0 907 115 B
Component: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0020
Revision: 5BH16--- Serial number: VWX7Z0H83NB91N
Coding: 040300101C070160
Shop #: WSC 66565 257 00032

1 Fault Found:
000135 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too Low
P0087 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100010
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 9
Mileage: 2929 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 13:49:02

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2942 /min
Load: 76.4 %
Speed: 100.0 km/h
Temperature: 91.0°C
Temperature: 53.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.970 V

Readiness: 0000 0001

then i contacted superships to see whats wrong...

Michael Alvey-Anderson:-
This error message can occur if the car is running too much boost for the fuel system to supply the required level of fuel. Can you send me some logs across of a full throttle run in 3/4th gear from 1000rpm, measuring the rail pressure (230) and boost (115) and ign (2 or 3).

Based on this I can advise further. Thanks.

then i made what he asked me to do and then he send me a revised file...then i made extra runs to check if there will be any difference
i found the values are the same...so i contacted him again with the logs
then he send me again a revised file and GUESS WHAT i made some runs and the value are almost the same with these huge fluctuations in rail pressure values

so please anyone can check the attached logs and care to advice?

Attachments

• logs.zip
    48.8 KB · Views: 259

Chico

Ready to race!
Mate, I sincerely hope you get this sorted to your satisfaction...I do however have grave doubts that you will get any satisfaction messaging Superchips every nite for the next few months...I had same sort of issues when trying to go stage 2 with these bozo's and ended up biting the bullet and changing suppliers...haven't had a second's drama since...I think this is the only way clear for you too...in any case, like I said, sincerely hope you get it sorted one way or another.

OZVWConvert

Ready to race!
Is this the dreaded fuel cut? I would be surprised if it is as I thought the new engine had resolved this issue.

I think this was the same code I had in my car before it went into limp mode. Have installed the APR HPFP and have not had an issue since.

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
no its the TFSI Engine...here in UAE we didnt get the TSI for 09

i thought about going for Revo but having doubts about writing a new tune over the current one....did you find any problem going to another tune?

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
i used to have so much faith in Superships :mad:
these Fu@$ers......till now i got 3 revised files from them and still nothing

can you imagine...i sent him the log he told me its ok and everything is fine then i told him why the rail pressure still fluctuating...he said I'M SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT THAT BIT...then he sent me another revised file

what if i dont have VAGCOM....i really feel like dumping the bluefin in the garbage right now :mad0259::mad0259::mad0259:

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Mate. Trying to help, but can't download the logs. Corrupted zip. Maybe repost the actual CSV files? Or PM me, I'll give you my email and I can take a look.

1 Fault Found:
000135 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too Low
P0087 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100010
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 9
Mileage: 2929 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 13:49:02

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2942 /min
Load: 76.4 %
Speed: 100.0 km/h
Temperature: 91.0°C
Temperature: 53.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.970 V

Readiness: 0000 0001

From the Ross-Tech wiki site

Possible Symptoms
Power Loss

Possible Causes
Fuel Pressure too Low

Possible Solutions
Check Measuring Values for Fuel Pressure
Check for bent/squeezed Fuel Lines
Check Low Fuel Pressure System for Leaks
Check Fuel Filter & Filter in Fuel Pump
Check the Fuel Quantity supplied by the Fuel Pump

Special Notes
When found in 2.0l TFSI:
Check Fuel Pressure

Looking at the freeze frame you were cruising on highway?
It's possible that it could be the fuel pump which is faulty. Pump's not able to supply enough fuel for requested a/f at boost level. 3K rpm is usually max torque territory. May not be boost peak though.

This error message can occur if the car is running too much boost for the fuel system to supply the required level of fuel. Can you send me some logs across of a full throttle run in 3/4th gear from 1000rpm, measuring the rail pressure (230) and boost (115) and ign (2 or 3).

Agreed this is what I would check also. Another possible one to log is the a/f ratio to see if requested and actual meet up. Block 31.

i made some runs and the value are almost the same with these huge fluctuations in rail pressure values

This to me sounds like the fuel pump going. Or cam.

One way to find out is revert to stock and do the same logs.
If it is the pump going it should be noticeable that the fuel delivery is not what it should be.

Another way to check fuel delivery with VAGCOM, again from the wiki:
Checking Fuel Pressure
Prerequisites:

Ignition ON
Engine ON (Idle)
System voltage at least 11.0 V.
Coolant Temperature at least 80 °C

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Meas. Blocks - 08]
Group 103
[Go!]
Field 1: Fuel Pressure (Low), Specification: 2800...7200 mbar
Field 2: Fuel Pump Adaptation, Specification: -1000...+1000 %

Group 140
[Go!]
Field 3: Fuel Rail Pressure (High), Specification: 25.0...110.0 bar
Increase the Engine Speed while checking this value, the Pressure has to rise with the Engine Speed.

Group 230
[Go!]
Field 1: Specified Fuel Rail Pressure (High)
Field 2: Actual Fuel Rail Pressure (High), Specification: 25.0...110.0 bar
Field 3: Deviation between specified and actual fuel pressure, Specification: max. 5.0 bar

[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

I don't think you should necessarily jump to conclusions with Bluefin. At least they are trying to help. It may be a hardware issue that is at fault rather than programming. They probably suspect that the exhaust is allowing boost spikes which may be above what fuel delivery can provide, so they've been detuning the map to reduce the demand on the fuel pump.
Have you noticed the boost getting a little lower with your later logs?

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
i didnt jump anywhere with bluefin its just i used to have alot of faith in them and suddenly the customer service is treating me as if i'm a retard or something...i'm trying to understand whats going on or what they are trying to change...they just dont answer...they just send a modified file (5 modified files just today) without any improvement
anyways...i attached the logs again...the logs contains many runs using the different files they sent me...you will find .csv file and .xls file...i tried to make some graphs in the .xls file

thank you for your reply...its excellent

Edit: all the runs were made on the 3rd gear...sometimes till rev limit then wait until it comes back to approx 2000 rpm then hitting it again till rev limit
except for the last run it was in the 4th gear...but unfortunately it was till approx 4500 rpm only....found some traffic ahead

Edit: after i sent him the latest log and implied that it might be a faulty pump...he answered that he doesnt think so...because large figures of boost is requested....and he told me it might be some pipes leaking (Exhaust...Intake)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    74.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Androo

lolwut... ??
I can not read any of your posts while you have those 2 girls tonguing each other... it's very distracting.

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
i made a run with original factory file...rail pressure fluctuation is gone now
so what do you think?...check the attached log

Attachments

• running original file.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 233

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
new run with original factory file after removing DTCs caused by bluefin after remapping and i added also a saved file for group 103, group 140 and group 230

Please guys tell whats going on???

Attachments

• newrunafterremovingdtcs.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 298

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
here is the conversation between me and Superships after i send them the logs with the original file restored

by all means I can supply a file that will stop the rail pressure dips once you have the APR pump fitted.

Me:-
why with the original file i have steady values and with the stage 2 file i have these fluctuations...putting in consideration that Superships didn't require an uprated pump for stage 2

I have modified many Stage2 conversions for many VAG group 2.0 T models and I’ve never had to reduce the boost due to the fuel cuts you’re experiencing. Either something isn’t right on your car or you are getting very good air flow which is meaning I’m having to reduce my boost request. I’ll prepare another file later and email it across to try to get the boost down further to stop the boost cuts. Note: (5 revised files till now)

Me:-
i understand....but if there is something wrong on my car i wouldn't get steady values with the original file right?....i have a K&N Typhoon induction kit and Milltek turbo back maybe they are generating that very good air flow...please try to analyze what I'm saying and try to explain to me... what do you think about my situation?
coz I'm really afraid if i have something wrong going on my car

Chico

Ready to race!
Man, sorry to hear you are still having drama's, but at the same time, not surprised. Brings back memories of several months of late nights playing email tag with these dicks. Cut your losses and get out with your sanity while you can...

As a last ditch, you should try Jo Berry, he is in charge of the software guys there...but I warn you, it's all down hill, sorry mate...it's all too easy to brush off your concerns as you are on a different continent....Local chip supplier=local support=value for money