GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your mildly lowered but not slammed 5 door MKVs, plz

germanbycar

Go Kart Champion
what's that lip you have on there, germanbycar?

Cupra R

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
heres mine. sorry one is dark

Attachments

• IMG_20111008_143600.jpg
    IMG_20111008_143600.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 4,209
  • IMG_20111009_032912.jpg
    IMG_20111009_032912.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 4,006

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
Picture from earlier this year.

Eibach Sportlines + Koni Yellow

Will post updated pix of my car with VMR V710 when I get them on.

Curious how the ride is to say koni coil overs adjusted to the same height.

I'm going away from coil overs. Currently have the Koni setup, passenger side spring is binding and clunking. Shows visible rust on the coils that are binding. The driver side spring does not have this issue. I also cannot adjust the rear damping on one shock. So I'm hoping to get warranty replacement, swap the suspension with something new and sell the koni setup.

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Curious how the ride is to say koni coil overs adjusted to the same height.

I'm going away from coil overs. Currently have the Koni setup, passenger side spring is binding and clunking. Shows visible rust on the coils that are binding. The driver side spring does not have this issue. I also cannot adjust the rear damping on one shock. So I'm hoping to get warranty replacement, swap the suspension with something new and sell the koni setup.

Yeah, I had a brand new Koni coilover setup on for all of 3 days and figured that coilovers were not for me. I would never be adjusting them, and I like enough clearance to be carefree while driving. Sportline + koni yellow was perfect for me. Set and forget with little maintenance (cleaning coil threads, etc.), and no clunking. I do remember the Koni coils clunking on the passenger side like yours even when new, mostly when turning right up on an incline into a driveway or garage.

Personally I feel like the Sportline + Koni Yellow ride better than the koni coils did. It may be because Koni coils don't do as well when adjusted at the same height as the Eibach Sportline height? :iono:

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Great looking cars, guys!

Does anyone have pictures of my 'unicorn', namely a 5 door gti on fifteen52 tarmacs with a beefy fitment? No tucked rim hideousness, plz.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Bump. Updated my original post with pictures of my setup.