GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

People with Children

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Easy, buy one thing at a time and hide from your wife in the garage...

Lol. My father-in-law does this. He is trying to find a way to hide a hellcat in the garage without his wife noticing...she is like a starved hawk too. Nothing gets passed her.

Jaber

Modero
This is a good challenge, but I would start from the bottom and it will get easier to save at the end. Just a thought

Actually.. this never occurred to me :laugh: We'll probably be doing this for 4-5 years, so next round I'll start from the bottom and work way back.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Love them to death man, it's just a different world now. As they get older it gets easier. Good example, before kids i was out cleaning my car multiple times a week. I'm lucky if i have enough time to do it once a week now! not complaining but i do miss it.

I always tell friends that don't have kids, make sure you're really ready to have kids because everything changes (good and bad) once you have them.

Oh and Twins, twice the work! lol

I was joking btw. If you didn't love your kids, bc mod, then I think there would be a physiological problem. I know I'm not even close to having kids. I was poor as fuck growing up and I just now have disposable income. I'm too selfish to want kids right now. Maybe when I'm...50...or 60...or...never

I've given up on attempting to hide mods from the wife... never ends well. Like the time I tried to "sneak" my car to the tuner for a stage 1 tune... well, the ECU bricked and I was without a car for a week. Hard to hide that. :(

I also have 2 kids. Modding is less of a financial constraint and more of a time constraint. Just finding time to wash the car is hard enough, nevermind finding time to turn a wrench.

SJC1309

Passed Driver's Ed
I've given up on attempting to hide mods from the wife... never ends well. Like the time I tried to "sneak" my car to the tuner for a stage 1 tune... well, the ECU bricked and I was without a car for a week. Hard to hide that. :(

I also have 2 kids. Modding is less of a financial constraint and more of a time constraint. Just finding time to wash the car is hard enough, nevermind finding time to turn a wrench.
Damn, that's rough man. I'm basically in the same position right now...trying to find a way to get to Revo in West Virginia and the downpipe is sitting in the garage waiting to be installed next weekend.

teebo7

Passed Driver's Ed
good point i had all the parts i needed to change out stock struts and springs, new 034 bushings, new bump stops, all new hardware plus strut spreader and special Schwaben tools for the job. Never found i had time to do so I sold it all....

i'm lucky i have time to change oil lol

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
My children are my cars, so yes, they are expensive... The wife and i dig it doe.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
We are going on our third kid. I've always put money aside for me. Wife isn't a fan but hey I treat her with it also. Before the second I put air ride in the car and once the second came I went stage 2.

As the second grew older I found my desire to tweak my cars was reduced and wanting more time with the kids so I bought a motorcycle. LOL