GOLFMKV

NSW 2010 VW Cruise

What date are you able to attend?

• Total voters

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
The boys at wagenwerks use Final Cut Pro. It wasn't until I saw their vids that I realised how powerful it was. Mine was made in iMovie LOL!!
:lol:

Honestly though John, its a great vid. The conditions were very lousy on the day. Thats why the photos from the bridge didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. Once it started raining heavily it just washed it out.

I think a single car vid dedicated to your beast would be great. Something along the lines of this maybe? :thumbsup:

that clip desperately needs a hot chick all over that car. just too boring the way it is.

STOIE

CBR VW OC Founder
Car(s)
MkV R32
Lol Johno, agreed :p

M4RK0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI - MK6
Sorry to hear Thor.
That makes 3 people who got punctures. I'll have to check mine tomorrow. I've just driven 40km to/from a relatives house and the tyres feel fine.

Yeah! nothing to worry about, ther were so small :frown:

Anyway!, I loved the drive!,

Cheers!

M4RK0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI - MK6
Did what I could with the usable footage we had. Alot of it was a wash with rain. Pardon the long intro, could have made it shorter, but couldn't be arsed to cut the song.

YouTube HD isn't coming up very well, so feel free to download from the link below:

Here's a proper 1280 x 720 HD mp4 file if you're keen.

Warning: 154.4MB download

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude! :thumbsup: :bow: what else? :thumbup:

Really cool!

Cheers!

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
pitty about the weather......

The weather really did suck. Ben and I had to keep the lenses clean and got soaked while standing around waiting to shoot. It's not much fun. Would rather be driving.

Only improvement i could suggest is a tighter formation on the rear video shots and maybe a couple cars in front of you on the front footage. other than that beautiful.

Yeah. We only had 1 overtaking scene where everyone overtook us, but the side camera was a wash out. Mixing it up more would be great. But it takes some planning. I would have loved some more close up action too. We had some with 10D in front of us, and Ben was getting close for some great shots, but in that weather, the front camera was a mess with water and mist. You might as well look at a grey screen with 2 red dots on it.

With better weather and more co-ordination it could work, but it's very hard to shoot while people are mostly focused on driving and having fun. Don't blame them.

it's the lack of footage that kills the editing experience and strings out the longer driving scenes. Just not enough to cut in all over.

Exactly. I know you get it as you've pulled them together yourself. It's not as easy as it might seem. Especially when you're dealing with HD. The computer doesn't let you work on the fly very quickly. PITA big-time. Glad I'm feeling more comfy again. Hadn't used FCP since 2005 for song remix assignment.

Fess up to what cams you guys are using. Seems someone (or 2) has the new GoPro HDs?
I had 3 GoPros on the Car, and Ben had a Sony (spec not sure) handicam.

When I get round to putting something together for a disc I'll be hunting you for that neat clip GTI_SS.

Next time we're meeting up, I'll burn you the RAW file on a data DVD.

what else?

Cheers Thor. Not sure what you mean by what else. ?

Last edited:

Rev 555

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MY08 GTI, Ducati 696
Thanks guys. It's not that I'm unhappy with it. Just the selection of shots were hit and miss with the weather and time. Did what I could, and that's only the second time I've used Final Cut Pro. Totally forgot how to use it, but was getting more comfortable with it by the end. Would love to do a video feature 1 car, probably mine, with proper lighting and equipment.

So what's with all the Sony talk. Are you in the camera business Rev555? Would love to trial a Sony PMW-EX1. Was thinking of renting one some day to see how I like it.

Hi John great job!! I am involved only on the amateur side of Sony but I will try to arrange something for you at the next GTG to play with:thumbsup::)

STOIE

CBR VW OC Founder
Car(s)
MkV R32
Good man!

GTI_SS - Your footage came out great, considering the conditions!

Anyway, whenever you get your hands on some sweet new kit, or even want to have a play with the existing stuff, say the word and I am there :D

If we has say 20 cars and a weekend to organize I am sure you could make an amazing piece of film.

Keep up the good work.

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
How about a half day GTG before the next one that Nath_MKVI is organising?
Anyone interested?