GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No A/C

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a MkV GTI, since i got it over a year ago the AC would always take about 5-10 minutes to get cold and when it did it wouldn't​get as cold as other cars until a couple days ago while driving on the highway the AC just gave out and started blowing hot air, took it to a mechanic and he said the compressor is no good, but by what I've read is that there is a valve that controls if the compressor turns on or not? Could this valve be causing this or should i just go ahead and replace the whole assembly?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I have a MkV GTI, since i got it over a year ago the AC would always take about 5-10 minutes to get cold and when it did it wouldn't​get as cold as other cars until a couple days ago while driving on the highway the AC just gave out and started blowing hot air, took it to a mechanic and he said the compressor is no good, but by what I've read is that there is a valve that controls if the compressor turns on or not? Could this valve be causing this or should i just go ahead and replace the whole assembly?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

The AC on these cars is known to be garbage. High compressor failure rate and even the ones that work don't seem to work well lol. If you have a competent tech I wouldn't be surprised at all. I would have them check the system though as when the compressor fails they can sometime launch bits of plastic into the piping/hoses.

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car
Well, this is a bummer. It's been so cold around here that I've only used the A/C a few times recently. Everything was working sort of OK until last Friday, although thinking back I suspect it was not fully cooling before that. Probably have a slow leak, but I don't have any history on this car - so it might still have original equipment.

Is it usually the compressor on MkV's, or something else? Hope it's not the evaporator! Have a buddy with a license and complete equipment, just need to schedule time with him - before it finally gets hot.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Scan for Dtc the G65 sensor can be an issue. There is a Tsb / Tb for issue.

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car
Late in replying on this thread - but a big THANK YOU to GTI's for the G65 suggestion. Really appreciate the help!

When I finally got around to throwing a G65 high pressure sensor at my A/C problem (been damn hot around here) - just like magic - all is better and cool air is blowing! Other than needing smaller hands, it was an easy and cheap fix.

This was one of those times when the scan tool was exactly correct (along with a low pressure fault). I manually cleared the A/C module faults, but not sure that was required, as the system started working on first start-up after replacing the sensor.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Glad you got the Ac working again. I an definitely need mine at this time of the year.