GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Alloys for my Mk5

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
Hey guys, so payday is coming in a few days and it's finally time for some new shoes for the 5! What looks best in your opinion? Please post as I am tooooo confused haha :(

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
There are plenty of pictures in the build threads, look around

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

If you want to stand out you have to take your time and figure it out yourself. Get something that complements the theme you want to go with for your car. Don't base it on when you get paid next.

mjh

vtech yo
I love everything that is far from OEM look.
Things like Alphards, Brotiforms, Sawblades, and of course the lovely 3SDMs stick out as something different when on the road.
But if you want the OEM look, I would look into some OEM Audi and Mercedes wheels, which are fairly cheap sometimes as well.

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
Hey guys.. quickly need thoughts from you all!

So im stuck between

1) 3SDM 0.01s
2) BBS CH
3) Audi rotor arm??

Plus who knows if I should go for 18s or 19s? Are any mods needed to get 19s in? I.e. camber/flared arches etc? Thanks guys!

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Depends on how low you want to go but 17 or 18 is what you should be looking at. 19s fit but in most peoples opinion they are too big for our platform. When it comes to camber and flared arches -well that all depends on the specs you are looking at getting. Wide wheels with low offset , then yes you will need to dial it in a little otherwise sticking with stickish specks and you won't have to do much , maybe just the fender screw mod. There is a good thread about all this. Regarding ride hight and wheel size.
Regarding the choices you have given for wheels / I'd go for the 3sdm or bbs however neither would be my first choice.
Look through build threads and the "not so slammed" thread to get more ideas. Guessing you are not going air or antiair low so pointless looking at the slammed thread for now.

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
Depends on how low you want to go but 17 or 18 is what you should be looking at. 19s fit but in most peoples opinion they are too big for our platform. When it comes to camber and flared arches -well that all depends on the specs you are looking at getting. Wide wheels with low offset , then yes you will need to dial it in a little otherwise sticking with stickish specks and you won't have to do much , maybe just the fender screw mod. There is a good thread about all this. Regarding ride hight and wheel size.
Regarding the choices you have given for wheels / I'd go for the 3sdm or bbs however neither would be my first choice.
Look through build threads and the "not so slammed" thread to get more ideas. Guessing you are not going air or antiair low so pointless looking at the slammed thread for now.

Hey Elliot, thanks so much for your help haha!

And what would your first choice be then? And im not going to slam it.. just some normal springs for me thanks haha :)

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Get the look you always wanted and pocket some savings too! :cool:

The entire line of alloy wheels from Alzor are inspected and go through rigorous quality control and durability testing. Wheels come with a TÜV Rheinlan approval, and the wheels themselves are stamped with the familiar JWL and VIA stamps. The JWL and VIA certifications are performed by the Japanese Government to ensure the safety of aftermarket alloy wheels through extensive testing. Alzor wheels meet or exceed these standards to ensure quality and safety on the road.

Change it up - just in time for show season!

Andy

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Vmr makes a sick rim

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Get something lighter for weight savings, makes every part of driving the car better.