GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new 2015 Golf R came in!

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
the center console with the electronic brake reminds me of the porsche center console, kinda.:iono:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Are you saying VW and Porsche MAY BE RELATED?!?!?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Haha. Thanks guys. The car gets looks everywhere it seems. :)

Sent from my Samsung Note 4.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
the center console with the electronic brake reminds me of the porsche center console, kinda.:iono:

Oh, they put the silly electric brake in there?

Hhhmmmm, that's annoying. Makes every brake job a dealer trip unless you have VCDS and good luck doing a rear upgrade (I know I am in the minority there LOL).

I don't hate the quads, actually like them..........even though it is only a 4cyl.....but did seem odd that they went away from the iconic center exit. :iono:

Just got an email since I signed up for info on the R a month or so ago. VW was just letting me know it's not too late to check in and see about getting an R. :D

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
So I gather I'm the only one who isn't all hot and bothered about the body of the Mk7? I like the color, the interior is updated and looks nice although no big wow! on first glance, I find the quad exhaust ridiculous (and probably the first element that will instantly age the car 3-4 years from now) and can't get used to that fat butt rear...

JUST MY OPINION!

Nope, I'm actually of the same opinion. Overall it looks less aggressive to me than the 6R. I'm glad I picked up a 6R after seeing the 7R when they dropped the photos of it. Wouldn't mind the power increase and DCC though....

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If you're looking for "aggressive" styling by buying a golf R you're doing it so very very wrong.

Stinger

Ready to race!

Nice side by side comparison with the Porsche and the obvious parental link. Now can I have the bottom one, to go please? :D

Stinger

Ready to race!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Electric handbrake is a deal breaker for me. Beautiful car though.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
So I gather I'm the only one who isn't all hot and bothered about the body of the Mk7? I like the color, the interior is updated and looks nice although no big wow! on first glance, I find the quad exhaust ridiculous (and probably the first element that will instantly age the car 3-4 years from now) and can't get used to that fat butt rear...

JUST MY OPINION!

No I'm the same. Saw one in Europe in late 2013 and wasn't impressed. Seeing them all the time now and still don't like it.

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
If you're looking for "aggressive" styling by buying a golf R you're doing it so very very wrong.

Not to thread jack, but ermmm....actually no, not really.

I'm not out to buy something that looks as aggressive as an STI or an EVO, but at the same time if I'm going to be throwing down the cash for the version of the Golf advertised as the most powerful and sporty one made, then it had better be on the aggressive side.

The front end looks all "wrong" to me. The lower air dam doesn't keep with tradition in terms of direction of the splits (outward vs inward), the side openings are smaller than previously, and the hood lines are convex instead of being concave. The lower front splitter, which was subtle yet angular and aggressive on the 6R, is now a simple and boring chrome (?!?) single-line edge. It looks more like a drastic departure than an evolution of design.

And that's before we even get to the rear end where they ripped out the twin central exhaust exits for the quad setup, or the interior where yet again the shaping of the steering wheel has been calmed down to a less aggressive, less "pistol grip" of a shape. This happened from the 5 to the 6 as well but in a good way as it was overly aggressive in the 5.

But not to detract from the OP's purchase, this is just my opinion.

/rant

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
All I see are 6 pictures of the same exact Golf R with different number plates

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Wow, congrats on the R! It looks stunning. :clap: