GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new 2015 Golf R came in!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Oh shit the R has the automatic hand brake!? What about that head unit? Is it the same as the 23k gti?

KO7

Ready to race!
It didn't come with brushed aluminum look side mirrors like in Europe? Why would they bother changing that?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
made in Germany = electronic parking brake

Do you actually like those?

Don't really care. If it adds weight and coplexity then no. I am just surpirsed at the little differences that I didn't think we were going to get .

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Don't really care. If it adds weight and coplexity then no. I am just surpirsed at the little differences that I didn't think we were going to get .

It's just convenience, the german line only does electric parking brakes on mk7's and the mexican line only does good old manuals. If/when Golf R production moves to mexico it will go to manual parking brake.

The main thing it adds is that you can't play "I'm a WRC driver!" and grab the handbrake - which I have been known to do any time I get the vibe on a dirt road :lol:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It's just convenience, the german line only does electric parking brakes on mk7's and the mexican line only does good old manuals. If/when Golf R production moves to mexico it will go to manual parking brake.

The main thing it adds is that you can't play "I'm a WRC driver!" and grab the handbrake - which I have been known to do any time I get the vibe on a dirt road :lol:

You can't really do it on an awd auto car unless you throw it in neutral....

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
made in Germany = electronic parking brake

Do you actually like those?
I personally don't, but it's kinda cool.
It didn't come with brushed aluminum look side mirrors like in Europe? Why would they bother changing that?
Yeah, doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
mother of superior interiors.....

Stinger

Ready to race!
So I gather I'm the only one who isn't all hot and bothered about the body of the Mk7? I like the color, the interior is updated and looks nice although no big wow! on first glance, I find the quad exhaust ridiculous (and probably the first element that will instantly age the car 3-4 years from now) and can't get used to that fat butt rear...

JUST MY OPINION!

STING

Ready to race!
So I gather I'm the only one who isn't all hot and bothered about the body of the Mk7? I like the color, the interior is updated and looks nice although no big wow! on first glance, I find the quad exhaust ridiculous (and probably the first element that will instantly age the car 3-4 years from now) and can't get used to that fat butt rear...

JUST MY OPINION!
Man the MK7 has a much finer Butt than the Mk6!
The Exhausts are a matter of opinion but the Mk6 is ancient already :laugh: