GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MOTOR MOUNTS????

Mr. F4HR3NH31T

Car(s)
07' GTI 4-Door
I'm looking into some motor mounts before going stage 2 but am very worried about all I've heard about cabin vibration. Between the 3 I'm looking at (BSH kit, Torque Solutions Kit, and BFI stage 1 kit) what are going to show the best performance with the least vibration? Double edge sword I know. Also is the vibration livable for a person who drives 20mi to and from work or school everyday and tracks their car maybe 3 times a year? Any help or links to comparative reviews (couldn't find any) would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
bsh mounts are fine. Ive been running them for 5 years without issue

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'm looking into some motor mounts before going stage 2 but am very worried about all I've heard about cabin vibration. Between the 3 I'm looking at (BSH kit, Torque Solutions Kit, and BFI stage 1 kit) what are going to show the best performance with the least vibration? Double edge sword I know. Also is the vibration livable for a person who drives 20mi to and from work or school everyday and tracks their car maybe 3 times a year? Any help or links to comparative reviews (couldn't find any) would be greatly appreciated!

I went with the street density 034 a couple of years ago and have been very happy. Holds everything in place quite well without much sound or vibration. I think if I had a 6 spd instead of the DSG it would feel stock. The only time I feel anything is at a stop sighn while in D but it is only noticeable but totally livable. I all other driving there is no add noise or vibration.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
BSH, no issues here, stock dogbone with insert.

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
2nd on VWR mounts. Go with those if you want the best overall design.
Otherwise, I'd go with the 034 Density Line mounts.
Two different philosophys:
VWR is specifically R&D'd to do exactly what you want (designed for performance but with minimal NVH) by the main company that works directly with VW to develop these kinds of things.
034 takes the OEM design, which focuses on comfort and just beefs that up. So it's actually using a design to do something it really wasn't designed to do in the first place (otherwise, that's what VWR would have done too).
Most the other options are kinda like generic mounts that are modified to fit whatever application the company is selling to and not as specifically designed exactly for your car as the VWR or 034 options are.

Mr. F4HR3NH31T

Car(s)
07' GTI 4-Door
Thanks for the replies! I have heard nothing but good about the VWR line of basically everything but I'll have to chop off my shifting arm and clutch foot just to afford it haha. Anything else out there that is a bit more budget but still quality build. Steve Petty Motorsports makes some that are supposed to be less vibby than the BSH and BFI makes a stage 1 set that supposedly offers less vib than BSH as well? Also I've seem some Vibra Technics that supposedly use the same technique as the VWR but are way cheaper? Any word on any of these? Thanks again mates!

Mr. F4HR3NH31T

Car(s)
07' GTI 4-Door
Heard anything about Vibra Technics? I read that they are the same exact mounts as VWR because VWR used their mounts and just rebranded them and made them shiny?

200° that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit!

Pudding

Passed Driver's Ed
Heard anything about Vibra Technics? I read that they are the same exact mounts as VWR because VWR used their mounts and just rebranded them and made them shiny?

200° that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit!

Correct.

VWR use a blue rubber/poly though. Vibratechnics use black plain rubber.

Now, I am extremely picky with NVH and I've always been irritated by people saying "I use poly mounts, no issues". BS, quite frankly. I've used poly mounts in the past based on such lies and always regretted it. Some people just don't care about NVH and choose to tout it as a non issue on the forums, or just blatantly lie about their being zero increase in NVH because they feel some kind of brand loyalty.

Anyway, I have the vibratechnics dogbone with stock shoulder mounts. I can tell you there is zero NVH increase at idle, but there is at around 3000rpm and there is also the faintest increase in transmission whine, but it really is very slight. Vibratechnics also do an insert for the small end of the DB, but NVH increases with that in addition to the main one.

That is with just ONE uprated mount. Ask yourself this, do you really believe people when they say there is no NVH increase, at all, with THREE updated mounts? Trust your instincts.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
+1 on the nvh, i had the red ecs dogbone insert in my dsg, and absolutely hated it. The juddering and harshness from the dsg any and all was transmitted directly to the car.

I dont think my car performed any better with it installed. Just my .02

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
+1 on the nvh, i had the red ecs dogbone insert in my dsg, and absolutely hated it. The juddering and harshness from the dsg any and all was transmitted directly to the car.

Really? I honestly hardly noticed mine.. granted I don't have the ecs one but, I'm pretty sure it's the same material. And I'm not just saying that, I hate increased nvh. I have a VF trans mount that I'll be taking out soon. I would rather have stock mounts with a k04 than more nvh. If they break I'll replace them wth OEM ones.

On that note, Send a pm if you're interested in buying my VF mount!

tehzimmy

I have the Steve petty mounts. There was pretty significant vibration for the first couple thousand miles, but I've since re torqued them and the only time I really get extra noise or harmonics are at take-off from idle.

Also, I'd your tires are at the end of their life, as I discocered, the road noise and vibration is transferred much more significantly. Just food for thought.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Here is the most boring video you will see today, me showing you my daily commute to work at my last job showing little to no NVH using 3 BSH mounts:

Worth noting I now have a delrin dogbone bushign made my eurocars and I now have some crazy NVH at low RPMs. I tolerate this as I have a helicoil bolt in my transmission and I want to have said bolt FIRMLY secured in there with zero slop.

BAMF

Ready to race!

Interesting, I had the complete opposite reaction when I installed the ECS dogbone mount (with stock engine mounts.) I felt that it really smoothed out the DSG gear changes. A friend made the same observation about my car independently.

That said, it seems like DSG experiences vary wildly from person to person and car to car. I installed the dogbone mount when the car was low mileage, and aside from the occasional rough downshifts in the 3-1 range and upshifts from 1-2, I didn't really have any noticeable harshness.