GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

Corey U.

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW for life
Done some research and came up with this

Eurotek UO3 wheels 18x8.5 ET45 on 225/40 tires and fk siverlines to get a nice height

Is this a good setup or am I missing something here?

This is my first post here, I purchased an 08 GTI about a month ago and am looking for some info on wheels. I am looking at a set of tsw max in 17x9 using 225/45/17 tires. Unsure of whether to get them in 35 or the 50 offset, or if the 17x9 will even fit with stock height. The chart on the first page only showed up to 17x8 so basically asking what you guys think.

Rus.K

PCDT99
This is my first post here, I purchased an 08 GTI about a month ago and am looking for some info on wheels. I am looking at a set of tsw max in 17x9 using 225/45/17 tires. Unsure of whether to get them in 35 or the 50 offset, or if the 17x9 will even fit with stock height. The chart on the first page only showed up to 17x8 so basically asking what you guys think.

Depends on if you are lowered or not?

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
I'm planning on running avant garde m220 18x9 in the rear.. My question is will I need to roll my fender? I'm at 24 ftg in the rear and honna be running a 225/40r. Would I need to go with a 215 or will I be good without running

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Offset?

You should be fine with a 225. worst case scenario, camber.

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
Depending on offset you will be better off with 215. 18x9 et 45 you will rub without any camber.

Even at 24 ftg? Damn I was trying to stay away from Purchasing new tires lol my 225 are still good

paulnur

Rookie
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
What's the highest offset you can throw on a mk5 and still tuck with out body work? Looking at 17's and 18's if that matters. Installing my full elevel next week and trying to get an idea for wheels.

SFGiants

Ready to race!
Getting aftermarket wheels in the near future. Going to go with 18X8, something by O.Z. or Enkei but not sure about the model yet.

After dropping the car 1.5" with PSS10's, will I be able to fit 245/40, 235/40, or will I need to stick with 225's?
Not exactly sure about the offset right now, but I'll be conservative and say it'll be 45mm.

Also, I'm curious if anybody has any experience with a 35 aspect ratio. Can anybody confirm my suspicion that the car will ride like a sherman tank with these thin of tires?