GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV vs. e36 m3 4dr

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
They sound terrible, so because of that they are terrible cars and have terrible engines. Worst cars ever, because of the sound.

Tapatalkin

This. And because my GTI sounds better than an E46 M3, it is therefore a better car. :bonk:

Carfantiti

Ready to race!
I own a e30 m3 a 335i and have owned a e36 sc plus a 2002.e30 m3 best car I have ever driven or owned.The e30 m3 is priceless to me I almost sold it 27k but just could not bring myself to let it go.Every other car I have owned is replaceable .To the sound comments its all about exhaust stromung,borla,esienmen and mistercraft sound sick!

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I own a e30 m3 a 335i and have owned a e36 sc plus a 2002.e30 m3 best car I have ever driven or owned.The e30 m3 is priceless to me I almost sold it 27k but just could not bring myself to let it go.Every other car I have owned is replaceable .To the sound comments its all about exhaust stromung,borla,esienmen and mistercraft sound sick!

All snarkiness aside, M cars are *all* great cars that sound amazing with quality exhaust components, but you have to pay through the nose to get an E46 M3 to sound right. I'd still trade my GTI for one in a heartbeat.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
All snarkiness aside, M cars are *all* great cars that sound amazing with quality exhaust components, but you have to pay through the nose to get an E46 M3 to sound right. I'd still trade my GTI for one in a heartbeat.
I'm sorry. But an e46 M3 sounds like a lawn mower with an exhuast. I'm not a fan...

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Definitely sounds nowhere near as good as your car would, if yours has an exhaust..

Tapatalkin

Honestly, I think the Subaru boxer motor is one of the horriblest sounding motors out there, at least when it has a loud exhaust. Catted dp and a prodrive axelback and it sounds pretty good, but there's nothing worse than that flatulent blat of a WRX with big cheap pipes.

The E46 M3 can sound good with top-dollar exhaust equipment if it's sufficiently resonated, otherwise it sounds tinny and dreadful. A wrx, by contrast, sounds like an upset elephant with diarrhea with the wrong exhaust.

No hate for either car, just for the way they sound when modded wrong.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Honestly, I think the Subaru boxer motor is one of the horriblest sounding motors out there, at least when it has a loud exhaust. Catted dp and a prodrive axelback and it sounds pretty good, but there's nothing worse than that flatulent blat of a WRX with big cheap pipes.

The E46 M3 can sound good with top-dollar exhaust equipment if it's sufficiently resonated, otherwise it sounds tinny and dreadful. A wrx, by contrast, sounds like an upset elephant with diarrhea with the wrong exhaust.

Really eh.. I love the sound of subaru's, definitely one of my favourites. There's a guy at my school with a hawk eye sti and it sounds incredible

Tapatalkin

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Might be fast, but no amount of fast can outrun the shitty sound effects emanating from the backside. :thumbup:

What about ludicrous speed? Going plaid might outrun it:wink:

Duster117

Ready to race!
The sound is why I was looking for a wrx. But im to much of a fat ass to fit in one :)

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
It would be a close race with an e46 with bolt ons and a ko4 gti. Both will be around the same whp. I got an e46 because I loved the styling and the overall package. I was gonna ko4 my gti, but at the end of the day it's just an economy hatch front wheel drive with a turbo kinda car. Ain't even got an LSD mang.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
It would be a close race with an e46 with bolt ons and a ko4 gti. Both will be around the same whp. I got an e46 because I loved the styling and the overall package. I was gonna ko4 my gti, but at the end of the day it's just an economy hatch front wheel drive with a turbo kinda car. Ain't even got an LSD mang.

Do you even race, Bro?

:wub:

Last edited:

Subie2013

Humble yourself

Well fuck you too... brooooo.

:frown:

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
No offense man, I had bad luck with my WRX/ Saabaru 92x Aero. I had some good times in it but blowing the motor at 30k left a bad taste in my mouth.

I actually did like the way mine sounded though...Stage 2 tune with gutted stock dp and STI axleback gave it a nice burble at part throttle and a cool-sounding wail at WOT. The boxer motor does sound good with a conservative, nicely muffled/ resonated exhaust.

The ones that sound like angry elephants shitting their brains out after Taco Tuesday are the ones that have big open pipes and cheap mufflers. I stand behind my statement that those boxers sound dreadful. I hate that really blatty sound.

The biggest thing I miss about the Saabaru's sound is the turbo whine overlaying the exhaust note at WOT. My GTI doesn't make any turbo whine under boost, just a little induction whoosh that's now drowned out completely by my rowdy 42dd tbe.

Last edited: