GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV iPod Dock by Stylist

Srys_finest_gti

Ready to race!
well depending on how much you can get all the pieces for id rather go that route. But what i meant is what does the other side of the ipod cable hook in to? can it hook straight up to the premium 7 radio? or do i need to buy the vw ipod module?

yung_wallace B5

RACE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
Dude I am so in, I am sure this is going cost less then what best buy want to charge me for sure and is a wayyyy cleaner look

yung_wallace B5

RACE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
Give me a total price with everything to hook up to a premium 7 radio? I am guessing $100?

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
one thing i just thought of. the first pic of where the ipod is and the shifter might be an issue for us MT drivers.... im afraid of basically punching the ipod everytime i make my lightning fast yet silky smooth shifts LOL do you think it'll have enough room for my over bearing knuckles

yung_wallace B5

RACE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
Cskm.... Really bro?? Lol hahahaha

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
one thing i just thought of. the first pic of where the ipod is and the shifter might be an issue for us MT drivers.... im afraid of basically punching the ipod everytime i make my lightning fast yet silky smooth shifts LOL do you think it'll have enough room for my over bearing knuckles

Hahahahaha, Yea i thought of this too, BUT u will be just fine unless u miss the gear shifter......LOL

When ur in M mode u have to pull the shifter down and then to the right, U will be far enough that u will not hit the phone or ipod when driving in M mode.

Even if u are shifting in Park ur hand will not hit the phone or iPod dock :thumbsup:

Cskm.... Really bro?? Lol hahahaha

:laughabove::lol:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Give me a total price with everything to hook up to a premium 7 radio? I am guessing $100?

I have a premium 7 radio and i also use a VW Ipod player, this plugged into the Sirius tuner and comes with a ipod cable BUT it does not charge my Iphone.

So that why i bought that extra cable the goes into the iPhone Dock, then u plug this iPhone Dock cable to the ipod Player that connects in the Sirius tuner or radio.....

Naw Meen???????????

Ipod player $140-ish
Ipod 12-5volt cable $30ish
Ipod Dock / 3 Blank Buttons - From u or i can get them

U can provide all these parts or i can get them for u, OR i can put it together other ways too to save on cost. :thumbsup:

Cheaper route......

Ipod Dock / 3 Blank Buttons ????? From u or i can get them
Ipod 12-5volt converted to AUX input - $30-50ish

Im thinking of doing a 2nd Eco. Mod with a AUX input instead of the Ipod Player, this way will use the Aux input on the premium 7 radio BUT u will have to use the iphone / ipod to change the music and song not the SW or the radio.

Either way u guys let me know what u want and i can put it together.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
well depending on how much you can get all the pieces for id rather go that route. But what i meant is what does the other side of the ipod cable hook in to? can it hook straight up to the premium 7 radio? or do i need to buy the vw ipod module?

Yes my ipod dock will plug straight into ur VW ipod player and my cable that i use WILL charge ur new and old iphone or ipods too. :thumbsup:

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
stylist, i have a manual transmission car, i don't have m mode as the whole transmission is M mode LOL that means i gotta shift left up for first down left for 2nd and I'm worried about middle up for 3rd.

and you shut your mouth when you're talking to me yung :lol:

yung_wallace B5

RACE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
How can I talk to you if my mouth is shut? Lol

LennertV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW golf V
Can you do a detailed write-up with pics if you make some more?

I wanna try do this myself for my 3GS.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
well im up to 12 people so far.............

I guess if anybody wants this done u can send me ur parts and ill get on them asap.

If u want me to get all the parts then i will need a paypal transfer to

stylist07@yahoo.com