GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk5 petrol smell

Wheelspin

in my mk 5 it isn't all the time and only seems to be in the car I smell it, usually when I stop, not when driving..
It will go days without any smell and there seems to be no puddles under the car or smell under the bonnet...it is driving me nuts...
are there easy places things to check ?

Wheelspin

iv'e got no further with it, the smell stopped until today, I went over a speed bump and it came back for 5 minutes, I am getting the cvs done next week, while it is up on the hoist I'll have a look at fuel lines..

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I hate it when that smell under the bonnet drives me nuts too!

Wheelspin

I've looked at a couple of posts around here and that pump looks like a easy swap if I do replace it, or is it just a seal o ring that needs replacing...
if I do replace it is there a better option for the pump that will either work better or is a fuel pump there up grade really make no difference..

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
It is very easy, takes 5 min to pop the rear seat out to gain access to the pump. The hardest part is getting the lock ring off the pump to actually pull it and yes it's just an o ring that needs to be replaced. As far as upgrading goes, unless your going bigger than a K04 there is no need to upgrade, the OEM pump is fine up to those power levels.