GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Malaysian Golf GTi MkV owner !!??

Buccaneer

Ready to race!
lol...study or work @ there?:wink:

Both actually, been here since 2002 and I miss Malaysia but not the car prices :rolleyes:

Born in Kuala Lumpur, grew up in old PJ before going to Melbourne.

hgkelvin

WALD
Car(s)
Golf MkV::Beetle2.0L
hey guys...khabar baik...lets keep this thread going...
i will be getting my ride soon and plan to get most of my stuff from x-tune, who is based in KL...check them out at www.x-tune.com....but its not really updated...lotsa good stuff coming in soon i hear...best to give them a buzz...

hey dude,hv u got yr ride?it's good to hear that many malaysian into VW' cars...hehe...me personally owned VW Golf GTi MKV & Beetle(2001 model)..

HappyRab

Hi guys, my wife is Malaysian (she is currently working in China) but I am living in Toronto Canada. I was in KL during Chinese New Year and glad to spot 3 GTIs on the road:clap: :clap: . Understood there is a VW dealer near KLCC now (I passed by one day and saw the sign). I just got my bunny 10days ago and very happy with it:thumbup: . My wife is flying out of KL tomorrow morning and spend half a month of her leave here in Toronto.

BTW, isn't the name of Rabbit is only use in North American market? What do they call in Malaysia, Golf or Rabbit?

I know there is a lot of after market stuff for car modification available in KL. I will be glad to know if there is anything for my Rabbit..

Probably Golf.

I don't think they know "Rabbit". Who knew Rabbit was another name of the Golf GTI before their last agency, CP+B resurrected it?

But Malaysians who are on this forum, they should know that their car is also called by that name.

Check out boardsmag.com - Click the TV screen on the right side of the page.

Search for Volkswagen. You'll see a few TVCs there.

hanifcd

Congrats bro~!!..HAHA...yr GTi model is Malaysia VW Group or WALD??

Thanks,I got it from the msian VW group,it's a safe choice i guess,but don't be surprised if the things aren't that well equipped tho,it doesn't have a selt belt sensors,lights adjustment,launch control or monza rims,hmmm and the net at the back is missing as well but apart from that it's wonderful!!!!just ignore the minor missing things at the car even though i'm wald ones are well equipped....and the tartan seats and the nice monza rims...oh yeah a sunroof haha...and yours?which dealer u got ure car from bro?

hgkelvin

WALD
Car(s)
Golf MkV::Beetle2.0L
Thanks,I got it from the msian VW group,it's a safe choice i guess,but don't be surprised if the things aren't that well equipped tho,it doesn't have a selt belt sensors,lights adjustment,launch control or monza rims,hmmm and the net at the back is missing as well but apart from that it's wonderful!!!!just ignore the minor missing things at the car even though i'm wald ones are well equipped....and the tartan seats and the nice monza rims...oh yeah a sunroof haha...and yours?which dealer u got ure car from bro?

yeah dude,my ride is wald version..i consider msia VW group before..but after compare with wald..i choose wald la coz more around 50k but u get more optional stuff..hehe..well,when u plan to modified ?hehe..:wink:

hanifcd

yeah dude,my ride is wald version..i consider msia VW group before..but after compare with wald..i choose wald la coz more around 50k but u get more optional stuff..hehe..well,when u plan to modified ?hehe..:wink:

yeah but i thought they slashed the prices into 210k if i'm not mistaken. the car is still in the new stage so i think i'll leave it stock for awhile, i have no idea what to change it but launch control did tempted me a lot!! hehe i assume you are going to modify that car a lot no? btw where are you staying?