GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Malaysian Golf GTi MkV owner !!??

Buccaneer

Ready to race!
I am Malaysian but living in Melbourne hehe ;)

golfgetter

Car(s)
GTI
due to the number of public holidays in between...looks like its gonna be next week...holidays can be a bad thing! haha

no matter...leaves me more time to ahem do research on what mods to do for my ride :)

golfgetter

Car(s)
GTI
already have a preliminary list drawn up...lets see...Caractere bodykit, 19 inch Work wheels, Yoko tyres, KW coilovers, Revo chip, OSIR carbon parts, DEfi gauges, Forge blow off valve, Forge Front Mount Intercooler, Tar-Ox 10 pot disc with 330mm calipers...now, just to get a small windfall...hehe...:)

what mods have you planned?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
:biggrin:

Finally! Some noise from the malaysian Mk V owners!

I see probably a dozen Golf Mk V everyday on my way to work in Jalan Gasing.
KL has a nice number of Rabbits running around - seems that everybody's doing really well in the stock market. LOL.

Not that I'm an owner nor will be one in the near future - blame the crazy price for a GTI - for the uninitiated, the price for a Golf GTI here is 300% more than in other countries. They're insisting that malaysians should buy from the national carmaker, the ailing-unimaginative-copy-cats also known as Proton. Notice how Proton Waja actually looks like a Jetta? Or the similarities between the Golf and Proton Gen2 (who in the world would give such a prosaic name to their car? Proton - Okay, probably Nissan too - with that Qashqai).

Pissed off doesn't nearly describe how I feel.

BTW, how much are you guys paying for a Rabbit monthly? 5 or 7 years repayment tenure?

Apologies. But GTI owners are like Mac owners/users: An enthusiastic crowd.

Last edited:

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Apa Khabar... :)

I'm from Penang, Malaysia but stay in Melbourne for good :)

Any nice place to get MKV Parts in KL guys ??

Is good to hear from kaki lang (hokkien) .. :)