GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low gas milage after stage 2

ChefMKV

Will Cook For Parts
Car(s)
GTI
After u went stage 2 I've noticed my gas milage go down to about 26-28mpg average. I talked to my shop about it and he says it's moat def probobally because I have a catless downpipe. Makes sense. What do u all think? And others that are on stage 2 that have downpipes with cats what kind of mpgs do you get? Your responses will determine if I'm gonna have a cat welded on and then get a hpfp.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I get 25-27 when it's below 30 degrees out.. 40 degrees and up my stage II mileage goes back to 29-32 depending on driving habits.

I drive alot of highway driving, maybe like 85% highway with the rest city...im not easy on the gas for the most part and shift 3k...i have apr stage 2 and 2.5"awe catted dp...

i get about 29in the winter and like 32-31 the rest of the time. I dont think the cat could affect your gas mileage that much. It could be alot of other things, especially winter gas.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Same problem here. I have a 42DD catted DP and am averaging about 2 mpg less since I went stage 2. When driving all highway miles, I used to be able to get around 30 or 31mpg, now its 28 or 29mpg. I don't think your dp has anything to do with it.

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Car(s)
'12 4 door GTI
It's a lotta driving habit. Car eat smore gas after the tune in the 3K+ range.
Changed my driving habits to be in 4th gear in the 30-35 MPH range local driving, and my mileage is around 21.
65-70MPH varies from 29-31. Colder temps yeild lower results. i calso have a twintercooler, and denser charges tell the engine to dump more gas...

WestCoastDub

Ready to race!
Same problem here. I have a 42DD catted DP and am averaging about 2 mpg less since I went stage 2. When driving all highway miles, I used to be able to get around 30 or 31mpg, now its 28 or 29mpg. I don't think your dp has anything to do with it.

I just went stage 2 last week and I've noticed exactly the same thing. I also have the 42DD catted downpipe with res and I did a long highway drive yesterday and saw my mileage slip to 28-29 from 31-32. So is it just because the more aggressive tune uses more gas? At stage 1 I found a slight increase in mileage.

langer

i fix teefs
Yup, noticed a 2-3 mpg loss on my commute today. Flashed to stage 2 over the weekend (from stock). I attribute it to my heavier foot with the new flash, but I was pretty conservative on the drive home and was still about 3 mpg less than usual...same speeds as always. Ah well, I'll see how it averages out. I'm not overly concerned, pay to play.

PS 42dd catted DP and bsh intake

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
i don't know if it's some fluke but my gas mileage went up after going stage 1 and 2. I was getting bad mileage when I was stock.

Tpass

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 BMP 6M GTI
my shop that flashed me to stg II seemed to think it would increase my mileage but it may have been bullshit marketing. Haven't really checked it to be honest.