GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Knocks like a loose subframw, but subframe appears to be solid

bowerhour4334

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Been getting the knock that I immediately thought was the subframe, but checked it out and it doesn't look like it's moving, some I'm wondering where to look next. It happens on turns, moving or parked, and has somewhat occasionally done it without turning when braking at a slow speed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mfractal

Ready to race!
Could be an engine or transmission mount if it happens when accelerating / breaking

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

bowerhour4334

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Could be an engine or transmission mount if it happens when accelerating / breaking

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
The dogbone mount does seem to be on the way out, although the shoulder mounts are new solid mounts

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
You can't see the subframe move when it does. You could also check the steering rack mounts (4 bolts) just behind the subframe. Is it a popping or knock? Could be strut bearings going bad as well. Obviously you've already checked tie rod ends at this point.

There's only so many components that move while turning, so start from the outside and work your way in. I will say the subframe deadset kit is almost a must with our cars though.

dmodling712

Had a similar knocking sound on my car after doing suspension. I checked and tightened my swaybar endlinks and that sorted things out for me.