GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KMD Titanium CarboNitride HPFP Review

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
So i bit the bullet and recently purchased the new KMD pump that Unitronic tested for quite some time. I'm not creating this thread to bash anyone nor do i ask for any negativity, it's a simple review/experience with their new pump kit.

The nightmare banjo bolt getting slayed :

The kit itself :

OEM piston Vs. KMD's kit :

Overall the install went smooth, no hiccups at all. Shout outs to Dion from Drive Auto Works in Lyndhurst, NJ for the great service at his shop installing the upgraded APR pump file. Waiting on the car to adapt but overall, SMOOTHNESS all around the RPM range, which keeps me :headbang:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Nice. Mid range tq is a lot smoother now. In for updates.

utekineir

Banned
hold your final verdict for another few thousand miles,

took my older revision kmd upgrade about 3k miles to start pissing gas through the seals

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
hold your final verdict for another few thousand miles,

took my older revision kmd upgrade about 3k miles to start pissing gas through the seals

We'll wait and see my friend.. :23:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Grabs popcorn...

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
apparently the mazda guys like the new kmd internals

Thats what i heard too, plus Unitronic would not put their name and reputation on the line if this kit wasn't good enough. Either way so far i'm very happy with it.

utekineir

Banned
The issue in the past over the last several years seemed to be people using the kmd kits on used fuel pumps. Rebuilds on new/ish pumps went well, on ones with a bit of wear the seals would not hold up.

Hope it works out for you, but there's a reason kmd went through so many revisions.

Basically every new kmd upgrade kit here or on vortex classifieds was a warranty replacement after issues. I did it, the guy that bought mine did it, I even got a kmd email when the 3rd purchaser warrantied it.

Mine was pissing gas to the extent it would fill my catch can with gas daily, if I didn't empty it would start to backfire and run rough. Putting in apr pump solved all issues and the car ran better than it did with the v2 kmd. Good luck with the new version.

utekineir

Banned
think they changed the way they handle warranties, used to be just had to have info of original purchaser and they would warranty

you bought a guys warrantied pump after he had issues chances are

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
i like my apr

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
The issue in the past over the last several years seemed to be people using the kmd kits on used fuel pumps. Rebuilds on new/ish pumps went well, on ones with a bit of wear the seals would not hold up.

Hope it works out for you, but there's a reason kmd went through so many revisions.

Basically every new kmd upgrade kit here or on vortex classifieds was a warranty replacement after issues. I did it, the guy that bought mine did it, I even got a kmd email when the 3rd purchaser warrantied it.

Mine was pissing gas to the extent it would fill my catch can with gas daily, if I didn't empty it would start to backfire and run rough. Putting in apr pump solved all issues and the car ran better than it did with the v2 kmd. Good luck with the new version.

In all reality, the main issue is not the pump kit, it's the seal that may fail but you can't replace that seal. APR's kit does replace that seal, i'll keep an eye out for it but from what i hear best results are seen on these rebuild kits when done to a brand new pump.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
good luck man, let us know how it turns out