GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 questions and opinions

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Another weird thing is the MAP readings for boost are about 6 psi lower than gauge indicated.

Mine is the same, I have an Awe boost gauge, with a BSH tap. And an OEM 3 bar map sensor in a CTS throttle pipe.

As for my pressure, I'd have to recheck my original file logs, but I was down on fuel (for power making purposes) due to being on 91 oct and stock injectors. Everyone claims you can go k04 on stock injectors, and you can, but with 91 oct you need increased fuel press to get lambda numbers where the comp likes it, and won't cut power. That's why I'm thinking of switching to either s3 or rs4 injectors.
But, iirc, my fuel press was at 134.99 for spec and updated file put me at 139.99. I'll check.

k04 and stuff.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Guages are never as accurate as the sensor. My AWE boost guage+IE tap is like 1-2psi high, Used some really nice rubber line with a braided jacket rather than that fish tank tubing that comes with everything now.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Guages are never as accurate as the sensor. My AWE boost guage+IE tap is like 1-2psi high, Used some really nice rubber line with a braided jacket rather than that fish tank tubing that comes with everything now.

Yeah I use a thick rubber line as well. It's be nice to get something clean and braided.

k04 and stuff.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
For those that have an r32 style exhaust... How do you like it? I love the the look, at first I thought too many had done it, but no one in my area has... So who cares? I'm a little wary though, about having no suitcase, and the APR RSC TBE(which could possibly be straight pipes, if you believe the accusations goin around).
Anyways. Thoughts?
Also... Carbon fiber hood or respray UG?

k04 and stuff.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I have a .:R bumper and exhaust. Much much nicer than that crummy black plastic bumper.

live4something

Ready to race!
Got a reply from DM. They asked me to run some specific logs and get back to them.

So I've kind of adopted this thread as my own. Strieg, I hope that's OK! Haha

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Got a reply from DM. They asked me to run some specific logs and get back to them.

So I've kind of adopted this thread as my own. Strieg, I hope that's OK! Haha

That's what's up. Which log groups?
And it was never my intention for this thread to become my build thread/trouble shooting, but I think it's pretty useful. If someone wanted to read this from start to finish they'd see how it went from stock to k04. Plus the f23t guys and the BT guys have a thread, maybe this our version!

k04 and stuff.

live4something

Ready to race!
That's what's up. Which log groups?
And it was never my intention for this thread to become my build thread/trouble shooting, but I think it's pretty useful. If someone wanted to read this from start to finish they'd see how it went from stock to k04. Plus the f23t guys and the BT guys have a thread, maybe this our version!

k04 and stuff.

Log 1) 3 & 20
Log 2) 115 & 118
Log 3) 2 & 31

Yea that's pretty much how I see this thread, that's why I just kept all of my stuff mixed in rather than creating a new thread.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
you guys with 6spd, how are your stock clutches holding up?

I have to "ease" into the power in 3rd/4th gears otherwise I get noticeable slip. I'm wondering whether I need an uprated clutch, since mine performs well under most conditions with 114K miles on it. DM also has a customer's K04+ car with stock clutch on their FB page recently (I guess to show that stock clutch can handle the tq curve?)