GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 questions and opinions

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Supposed to be the vacuum pump I thought?

The cover sits right below the hpfp on the right hand side, can't really be accessed without taking off the intake... Wanted to see what revision cam I had... Apparently I did it wrong

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Supposed to be the vacuum pump I thought?
The cover sits right below the hpfp on the right hand side, can't really be accessed without taking off the intake... Wanted to see what revision cam I had... Apparently I did it wrong

Didn't finish the job. you have to take the cover off that the fuel pump is attached to as well, underneath the vacuum pump. My video of installing my new roller cam follower shows you exactly what you need to do in order to expose the end of the cam.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Finally got all my hardware back in car is way better now... Dealer hooked me up lol.
Now to resolve this tuning issue. And install the rest of the parts I ordered..

So got a question. Think I have a vac leak, but not sure. I had a new south performance boost gauge with an APR boost tap, then switched to BSH boost tap and block off plate. Switch to am awe gauge, and now I seem to see only 16 in hg. But I don't know if it's the gauge or an actual leak. And this gauge seems really twitchy. I put in the filter looking thing... I dunno.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Finally got all my hardware back in car is way better now... Dealer hooked me up lol.

So got a question. Think I have a vac leak, but not sure. I had a new south performance boost gauge with an APR boost tap, then switched to BSH boost tap and block off plate. Switch to am awe gauge, and now I seem to see only 16 in hg. But I don't know if it's the gauge or an actual leak. And this gauge seems really twitchy. I put in the filter looking thing... I dunno.

The BSH tap has a hole in the inside of it I think, did you plug that up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
No, but had the BSH with the other gauge. NSP gauge showed 19-20 in hg, this one (awe) shows 16 at idle, 19-20 on when I let off throttle. Can awe gauges be calibrated?

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Need to run logs..
Scanned for codes and got
Po137 (o2 sensor low voltage)
And I forgot the numbers, but front o2 stuck rich.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

I run the same gauge. 16-20 depending on whether the air is on etc. but I doubt you have a leak. Gauge is not particulary accurate but really not too important. You are mostly looking for changes once you get used to the baseline of how the gauge reads.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Wondering about my CEL issues.... I've had the '02 stuck rich' before, but I messed with the sensor and cable and it ended up going away on it's own. As did the other, I believe it's rear 02 low voltage. Was wondering if it had anything to do with my spacer?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Those with a K04, how long will a stock clutch last?

RSR clutch and a Sachs OEM DM flaywheel (06F105266AH) a decent upgrade?