GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 questions and opinions

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
It's just weird. I put on the dp and drove it prolly 100 miles that day and the following (Saturday and Sunday) had yesterday off from work, so didn't drive. The cel didn't show up until Sunday afternoon. VAGCOM'd it, and it was the cat code. I cleared it, and kept on goin. This morning left for work, drove easy like I always do til the car was warm, (easy acceleration, no boost, cruise at 60) then once warm set the cc at 70. It want til about 10 mins from my house the cel came on. I thought no biggie, just the cat. Shortly after that, I took off from a stop sign rather aggressively, and that's when I noticed the lack of boost. And today, after I cleared codes again, boost is high and fluctuating. Or if cel is on (not flashing) no boost

Car(s)
Subaru
the dp shouldnt cause that though. the lambda im looking at now looks great. you could try unplugging the maf sensor. idk why it would suddenly cause an issue but it would at least cut that part of the equation out for good. it will give you a cel but ignore it

we are all guessing but with good intentions.

if you log again, try doing lambda suggested correction, actual correction, and actual lambda (i think thats what those are called), maf stuff, boost and rail. it would have to pop up in there, at least im hoping.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Do you have a boost gauge? If not and the boost numbers you mentioned are coming from your logs the MAP sensor could be bad.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I just looked this up and 15 > 11 PSI is normal for a stock program. As long as you're running a stock program you probably had / have a boost leak responsible for the occasional lower numbers.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Makes sense... I did put on a forge FMIC... And I haven't checked since I put it on for shifting. Been meaning too...
Also, check engine light came back on this morning, but just the cat not performing to standard. No knock sensor.
I'll see how it is after work..

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
if you log again, try doing lambda suggested correction, actual correction, and actual lambda (i think thats what those are called), maf stuff, boost and rail. it would have to pop up in there, at least im hoping.

I'll run these after work, this morning I just did boost spec act, lambda act, rail spec act, and engine speed

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Ok so I was able to Quickly peek at the logs after the cel came on and it Looked like the wg values fluctuated. Ill have a more detailed look after work and post the before and after CEL logs and try to do some graphs.

Car(s)
Subaru
And I appreciate it.
I have 3 logs... Would you like to graph them? I tried, but I haven't figured out how to change x and y axis data on windows 8.1

yeah, if its easier, just open it up in notepad and copy and paste it and pm me it. ill throw it on here before i go to bed. i think im gonna jump on some street fighter now

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Welp just dropped another grand... Rotors, pads, ss lines, brake change kit,spare follower, oil change kit.. Heard good things about liqui moly, gonna give it a shot

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
So, in my logs (I can't open them in my iPhone.. Fail) everything looks decent. Lambda is never higher than 1, rail pressure looks good, doesn't fluctuate, it looked like I was getting really high g/sec on MAF, like 274. Might've been 174, but I'm pretty sure it was 2. The only that looks off was wg. It would peak at 90-94%, drop to 40, then climb to 50 and continue back down down.

Also, not getting 15 psi anymore. It's back at 11. I dunno if the ecu is adapting or what... CEL code is still on cat, thinking the knock was on my buddies car, and he didn't clear it. Still don't know what I was in limp the other morning...

Car(s)
Subaru
ugm, id hope that it wasnt 274g/s lol. no, it would have to of been 174g/s or your k03 is going to explode haha. the n75 likes to work like that though. it will try to spool the turbo up quick, then when its up it tries to fight the spike by dropping it, then just maintain spool. id say thats in check. but glad its working okay. when you getting another turbo lol