Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Congrats!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Glad to see you still have it. They are great cars. Cheers buddy. Still looks great, you gotta love the paint on these things.

I am at 9.25 years of ownership.

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
11 years in August...closing in on 49k miles, lol.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
That's about how long I made it with my MKV... before I traded it in haha. Great looking car. Keep it forever. There are times I miss the raw-ness of the MKV over my MK7.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Here here! In the 3-4 years I had my last one I put over 50k on it and in under 2 years I've already done 20k on this one. I love driving these things

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
Don't you ever drive????
Haha...I've been very fortunate to always have a short commute (especially in California traffic) or an extra beater car. It was a daily for a few years actually. I enjoy making it feel like a reward on weekends now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Love the stories here...I used to put over 15k/yr on it until 2014. Got injured at work in 2008...went to school when recovered up to 2014...and stay home now. Work was a 50 mile round trip and school was a 70 mile round trip. It's good seeing many of the MK5 originals still here. Also, I want to say thanks to all of you for being so helpful and kind. I know many of you have helped me, sent me a part at family rate, and helped keeping this a productive site. Cheers to another 10+ years with you all.

Almost lost it today though. I was waiting to turn onto my street...sitting there with the turn signal on...and I happened to look up at the rear view mirror to see a large white and chrome front end of a Ford pick-up at full speed just about to plow in to me. He must've slammed on his brakes with less than 12ft between us and I was just able to get off the brakes and shoot forward. He slid to the left, partly because steering to avoid hitting me, and nearly plowed into the oncoming traffic I was waiting on so I could turn. Fate that I looked up and thought to pull forward quickly or I would've lost it...both the MK5 and on him.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
F'n photobucket! Not allowing 3rd party hosting w/o charging $4...wtf! There's so much advertising there I can never be left alone to access my pics w/o constant harassment by ads as it was. So I copied all my pics but they are gone forever from all previous postings. Now trying to figure out flickr sharing...can't find what to copy yet..............bcuz OLD!

Brigand253

Ready to race!
Congratulations ROH ECHT. I've loved every minute with my '06 GTI. Yours is still so clean, especially those headlights. They look new!