GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just ordered a Mk V R32...

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
why do so many of you drool over the fact the r32 is 4 wheel drive? its great in snow and putting power down on the road and thats it and anybody will tell you a rear wheel drive car will spank a 4wd car on a track any day of the week.

Well, I'm not tracking it and they down make a RWD R32, so what's your point?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Well, I'm not tracking it and they down make a RWD R32, so what's your point?

no point, just a general comment since you listed it as being a positive on the car. a lot of people get hard ons over it and i dont see it being such a big deal. but the r32 is sexy you should still get it :) its like comparing a m3 to a 3 series theres similarities but having that badge makes up for it :)

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
oh and you said your gti is torquier, how is it more then the r32 when its got a v6 or inline six wouldnt it have more torque?

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
no point, just a general comment since you listed it as being a positive on the car. a lot of people get hard ons over it and i dont see it being such a big deal. but the r32 is sexy you should still get it :) its like comparing a m3 to a 3 series theres similarities but having that badge makes up for it :)
so who would win on a track, mustang cobra or evo IX?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
dude dont try and start an argument with me obviously there are other cars that can beat other cars regardless of 4wd fwd or rwd. i was just trying to point out that some people want to get it for that reason only.

oh and btw it also depends on driver :) plus mustangs go in straight lines nothing else

crbuke

2 Time GTI Owner 99/07
Remorse? it is an R32!!!!!

If you can afford it, then do it!!!

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
lol not the greastest example since the Cobra can't handle for shit to begin with and the Evo is a rally-inspired compact sports car.

my point is, RWD won't own AWD anyday, even though that mustang has a solid 50 more hp.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
well a r32 isnt really on par with a evo 9 almost different league evo will spank many cars on the road. im sure you saw the evo 9 mr where it kept up with a lambo

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
R32 FTW!!! Heck I am contemplating the same thing....if I should trade my GTI!!! I am so close to putting down a deposit!! Only thing is I love the feel of a TURBO car...i know the R32 is got an awesome V6 and growls....every so nicely....plus the AWD....and that COLOR to die for!!!

I really need to get in one b4 I would sign the papers.....But hopefully they won't got like HOT CAKES...because of the DSG only...so I can get behind one to make up my mind!!!

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
well a r32 isnt really on par with a evo 9 almost different league evo will spank many cars on the road. im sure you saw the evo 9 mr where it kept up with a lambo

right, i saw that too. but my point wasn't about the R32. the debate was RWD vs AWD. that evo was big turbo too. FQ300 i believe.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I'd like to have one but the MPG the 2.0t gets makes me stay with it.