GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got deployed - FORCED!!!

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
I'll switch with you. I just got back and I kind of miss it.

Gyntry

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2012 Golf R
OIF III vet here, keep your head down. Enjoy the ride as best you can, you'll make some incredible friends along the way at least. Respect.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
wait...forced...i thought there is no draft right now?

exactly. There's nothing forced about doing what you signed up for.

With that said, GOOD LUCK OVER THERE! I went over twice as a contractor for the Ministry of Defense (UK) & the US Army.... never got to go as an active duty Marine though....

Actually just got another job offer today to go again.... kinda tempting.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
at 36, prolly not a first timer. without prior service, the oldest you can enlist is 31. even with that, he'd be around a year or so into his 2nd enlistment, if not even more.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
exactly. There's nothing forced about doing what you signed up for.

With that said, GOOD LUCK OVER THERE! I went over twice as a contractor for the Ministry of Defense (UK) & the US Army.... never got to go as an active duty Marine though....

Actually just got another job offer today to go again.... kinda tempting.

ah ok, i understand now. he volunteered for the army (or reserve or whatever), but now, they are deploying him, but he doesn't want to go, but still has to.

well either way, good luck. :thumbsup:

akoni

AiNoKeA
at 36, prolly not a first timer. without prior service, the oldest you can enlist is 31. even with that, he'd be around a year or so into his 2nd enlistment, if not even more.

lol I was thinking the same thing, but I do know of a few E7's and soldiers out there of that age who have dipped out of deployments. The ones that are stuck with TRADOC positions or other duties. :thumbsup: