GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jeremy Clarkson to be officially sacked by BBC tomorrow

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
And this, for Blu ;)

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Have not heard about that yet. I believe he also writes a column for The Sun, doesn't he? Or is that Jake Humphrey? Can't remember.

Also, Toyota UK pays tribute to Jeremy Clarkson:

Yea, Jezza writes for the Sun, but I believe that job is not affected.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I believe one of these articles I read recently on Clarkson said that he sold his rights to the show for something like 8.5 million pounds.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
I believe one of these articles I read recently on Clarkson said that he sold his rights to the show for something like 8.5 million pounds.

Holy moly. As in, his share of the rights, correct? I can't imagine he owned ALL of the rights...

Sent from some sort of Apple device.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
They can call it Reverse Gear for all I care, bring the new show.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Reverse gear, third gear, any gear. Bring it on :burnrubber:

Sent from some sort of Apple device.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Further signs that they will all be starting a new show. And I also agree that I do not care what its called as long as it has the Three Stooges (Jezza, Capt Slow, and Hamster) in it.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
It's been awhile since we've had any news on this subject, but now... GOOD NEWS!! << (James May's voice)

Netflix is apparently picking up Clarkson, Hammond, and May, along with Top Gear Executive producer, Andy Wilman. Read it below:

https://bgr.com/2015/06/09/netflix-top-gear-tv-car-show/

This was foreseen. Clarkson wanted to leave BBC for years, which would indicate why he sold his shares of TG back in 2012. He knew the bottom would fall out if/when he left, and that everything that made the show good would too. He wanted to bring Top Gear to a bigger media/network with a bigger budget, willing to pay him more money.

That messiah network is Netflix, but it was rumored that Skye network might want to get in on the action. BBC will likely hold Top Gear on for another season with new hosts, and then let the IP go by the wayside. The stig will likely follow to the new Clarkson program with another new masked identity and name. Clarkson has stated, verbally, that he even wants to use a studio and construct a similar set to Top Gear's to jest, and make the transition for the fans as "easy" as possible.