GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jeremy Clarkson to be officially sacked by BBC tomorrow

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
I agree that it wasn't right, but with the rest of his gaffes over the years, it wouldn't surprise me if he somehow stuck around. He's offended just about every type of person on earth, and for what it's worth, he did punch Piers Morgan once and still kept his job. That wasn't a coworker, obviously, but violence nonetheless.

I would still watch the show if they found the right person to host, but I doubt Hammond and May would stick around. Chris Evans would be great at it, in my opinion.

Sent from some sort of Apple device.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
If Netflix is offering JC something, the other two will probably go with him. Since their contracts are up as well.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Very sad.
If they get a third one, should be Sabine or Chris Harris, but I think, he is going to be at 5th Gear. :iono:

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Very sad.
If they get a third one, should be Sabine or Chris Harris, but I think, he is going to be at 5th Gear. :iono:

I think Chris Harris could to it, but I don't think he's quite there yet. He is very, very good for YouTube, but the world'd biggest car show is a huge leap. Maybe in 5-10 years?

I'm pulling for Chris Evans!

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Chris Harris on his own would be fine.. but him developing or having chemistry with the other two could be a challenge, who knows.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Chris Harris on his own would be fine.. but him developing or having chemistry with the other two could be a challenge, who knows.

Agreed. The chemistry, and each of the three bringing something unique, is what makes the characters interesting.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
It's time to retire the brand. Let some young guys fill the void.

There are plenty of self-made car enthusiasts out making videos today. Chris Harris, Matt Farah, Mike Musto have a good chemistry. They just need a platform that makes money. ThatDudeInBlue on youtube is fun to watch. He could be developed into a silver-screen personality. Then you have Jay Leno. He needs a creative team behind him BADLY but it's Jay Fucking Leno. He can be a great presenter and he's one of the key motorheads of today.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
It's time to retire the brand. Let some young guys fill the void.

There are plenty of self-made car enthusiasts out making videos today. Chris Harris, Matt Farah, Mike Musto have a good chemistry. They just need a platform that makes money. ThatDudeInBlue on youtube is fun to watch. He could be developed into a silver-screen personality. Then you have Jay Leno. He needs a creative team behind him BADLY but it's Jay Fucking Leno. He can be a great presenter and he's one of the key motorheads of today.

^^^ Those would be good options. I think Farah is kind of a blowhard and lacks a bit of personality, but Chris Harris is great. If we're talking about the British TG, though, I can't see any non-British host making it work. Not for lack of talent - I just feel like most British people have a special attachment to British things :laugh:

Also, I still don't know if Chris Harris is ready for the transition from YouTube to the BBC. Those are huge shoes to fill, which is why I'd lean toward Chris Evans. Huge car fan, charismatic, and he's already a well-known British presenter.