GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jeremy Clarkson to be officially sacked by BBC tomorrow

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
This was foreseen. Clarkson wanted to leave BBC for years, which would indicate why he sold his shares of TG back in 2012. He knew the bottom would fall out if/when he left, and that everything that made the show good would too. He wanted to bring Top Gear to a bigger media/network with a bigger budget, willing to pay him more money.

That messiah network is Netflix, but it was rumored that Skye network might want to get in on the action. BBC will likely hold Top Gear on for another season with new hosts, and then let the IP go by the wayside. The stig will likely follow to the new Clarkson program with another new masked identity and name. Clarkson has stated, verbally, that he even wants to use a studio and construct a similar set to Top Gear's to jest, and make the transition for the fans as "easy" as possible.

Agreed.

I guess I don't particularly care which network gets it, to be honest. Netflix would be ideal, especially since most of the last TG episodes are no longer on it. There will inevitably be streaming services in one form or another, so I've got no doubt that it will be back in a similar format. If Clarkson, Hammond, May, a Stig of some sort, and Wilman could take a disused air base an turn it into the Dynamo that is TG as we know it, I'm sure they'll find a way to continue it.

Sent from an old motorbike

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I can't seem to find anything else on this :(
Everywhere just say they are in talks but no actual deals yet.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
I can't seem to find anything else on this :(
Everywhere just say they are in talks but no actual deals yet.

I think that's just where they're at for the moment. I know Clarkson, Hammond, and May are touring right now for the Top Gear Live thing with Ken Block, so that might have something to do with it. They also might be waiting for the final episodes of TG from the most recent season to air on the BBC.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I think that's just where they're at for the moment. I know Clarkson, Hammond, and May are touring right now for the Top Gear Live thing with Ken Block, so that might have something to do with it. They also might be waiting for the final episodes of TG from the most recent season to air on the BBC.

Gotcha! Man I can't wait... I really hope they strike a deal with Netflix. Only thing is they will need to come up with a test track and what not.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha! Man I can't wait... I really hope they strike a deal with Netflix. Only thing is they will need to come up with a test track and what not.

Eh, I'm sure they'll find something. I can't imagine that Dunsfold was the only thing of its kind in the UK. Even if it's farther away from London, I can't see why they couldn't make something work.

The problem isn't finding a track, or a large warehouse to convert to a filming studio, it's getting the funding for it, and finding them within close proximity to each other.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
The problem isn't finding a track, or a large warehouse to convert to a filming studio, it's getting the funding for it, and finding them within close proximity to each other.

If they find a network, maybe they could work out a deal to have the network pay for that sort of arrangement? Not sure if that's how it works, but it can't be that expensive to do, at least for a company like Netflix or Sky. The BBC probably shelled out some cash for Dunsfold. Heck, Lotus even helped design that.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
is top gear the one with the guys driving the cars

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
is top gear the one with the guys driving the cars

No, no, no. You're thinking of The Bachelor. Top Gear is the one where people conquer all of the gymnastic-type obstacles, often involving climbing, jumping, and that sort of thing. It's a common misconception.