GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IPHONE USERS DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS4 IF YOU ARE USING VW/SKODA BT

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
He bought it from Stu from Octavia.rs It is definitely a 729E as 729B are no longer manufactured.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
True, but they're still out there and available for sale. I believe carsystems.pl on eBay is still selling them, for instance.

+2 on the "star" functionality either being muting the radio OR activating voice dialing. Is that your friend's problem though, or is the button not working for either?

Booba

Ready to race!
gmc has suggested that his mfd is half height. if it is then he wouldn't notice any difference in functionality.. can you confirm if he has full height or half height?

He bought it from Stu from Octavia.rs It is definitely a 729E as 729B are no longer manufactured.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
gmc has suggested that his mfd is half height. if it is then he wouldn't notice any difference in functionality.. can you confirm if he has full height or half height?

Yes, his is half height. Sorry.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
True, but they're still out there and available for sale. I believe carsystems.pl on eBay is still selling them, for instance.

+2 on the "star" functionality either being muting the radio OR activating voice dialing. Is that your friend's problem though, or is the button not working for either?

Not working for either.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Could be a compatibility issue with the "E" variant then. I'd be curious if the problem goes away with the install of a "B" unit.

It'd also be worth checking the settings in the 77 Telephone section with Vag-com, though.

dodgey

Not a VW owner
Have not checked which version of Skoda Bluetooth I have, but iphone3GS with iOS4 works fine on mine. Logs and phonebook were both fine.

Update: Checked. It's 729E

Last edited:

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MkV GTI
my 3G is a tad slower with the new software, but it does not affect the bluetooth at all

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Success!!

iPhone 4.0.1 did NOT fix my bluetooth issue with the address book. The address book was still corrupt.

I then installed iPhone 4.1 BETA on my other iPhone and it worked :) All my addresses appeared correctly!

So an official fix is on its way, so guys just be patient. It's in BETA at the moment, but definitely does work!

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
I was about to post, asking if anyone had any success with the 4.0.1 update, and here you've posted already!

Thanks so much for keeping us posted, Dean. I'll wait patiently for 4.1! :thumbsup:

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
No problems mate. If you cant wait, PM me your UDID and I'll put you on the BETA program.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the offer, but my iPhone's already seen its share of test muling thanks to the music I occasionally write for games on the App Store.

Last time I was praying for it to reboot, I promised it I wouldn't do that to it again. :biggrin:

I can wait, especially knowing the relief is in sight! Thanks again!

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
No worries.

Gordon

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anybody managed to develop a workaround or fix for this problem?

I received my IPhone 4 last week - Bluetooth is now f*cked (hieroglyphics when viewing the phonebook). I had no issues with an IPhone 3G running OS 3.*