GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IPHONE USERS DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS4 IF YOU ARE USING VW/SKODA BT

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Hi All,

Just a heads up. DO NOT update to iOS4 if you are using the VW/SKODA BT module. You will notice bluetooth drop out as well as a scrambled address book. Your address book will look like this
" ~"
"``"
" ? `"

Since I am a developer, I can warn you since it's officially public now. I have already submitted the bug to Apple.

Cheers,

Dean

macad

apple pixel pusher
From reports, the 3G phones run very slow on iOS4 as well, so you might to have a think whether the new features are worth it.

macad

apple pixel pusher
What's a MS - is that company that used to make software last century?

Booba

Ready to race!
From what I understand of his post, he couldn't disclose the issue till the firmware was released publically.

Haven't you been running iOS 4 for ages Dean? Wouldn't you have picked up on this ages ago?

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Haven't you been running iOS 4 for ages Dean? Wouldn't you have picked up on this ages ago?

Yeah I did notice this from even beta 1. I just couldn't post about it until gold master.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bugayev

Plowing with my TDI
I certainly haven't noticed anything like that and have also been using it since Beta 1. My phone book has copied to at least one vehicle with RNS510 and Skoda BT, as well as Merc/Audi etc.

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
From reports, the 3G phones run very slow on iOS4 as well, so you might to have a think whether the new features are worth it.

Hmmmm...not my experience here the i-Phone is far quicker now and no issues to-date - cannot speak for Btooth though.

Dingah

maxfin

It's mine... all mine.
Hmm - kind of puts me off getting the new iPhone if there are potential VW/Skoda BT issues.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Maybe we need to consider revision numbers then, if not other components in the chain.

I'm running a 729 "B". What are you running, Dean?

Sorry 729 B too.

On Beta 4 and previous versions prior to Gold Master, the MDI was also incompatible. It would just show "Initialiazing." However on this final release they did manage to fix that up. I also notice that on Bluetooth you may make a call or answer a call, then when the call is terminated the bluetooth kit will still think your on a call. Therefore no music will play until you toggle Airplane mode or turn bluetooth on/off.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Ugh. That sounds like a real problem, then. I guess I've survived without multitasking this long... :frown:

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop! Do keep us posted, will ya?