GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IPHONE USERS DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS4 IF YOU ARE USING VW/SKODA BT

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
I have however noticed.... My friend bought a VW/Skoda unit about a month ago from Stu and he received a 729 E. He updated to iOS4 and is having no issues whatsoever. I am thinking it may be an issue with the earlier editions?

Booba

Ready to race!
Too bad Revision B is the only one that works with Red dot cars 2008 and prior :(

I have however noticed.... My friend bought a VW/Skoda unit about a month ago from Stu and he received a 729 E. He updated to iOS4 and is having no issues whatsoever. I am thinking it may be an issue with the earlier editions?

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Too bad Revision B is the only one that works with Red dot cars 2008 and prior :(

That's not true. My friend bought DRMAT's GTI (MY07) with red dot and he is using the 729 E.

Booba

Ready to race!
Holy shit if you can confirm this i would be willing to get an E to see if it connects faster to iphones and other devices.

Can you 100% confirm this because I and many other people believe only the B is compatible with reddot.

That's not true. My friend bought DRMAT's GTI (MY07) with red dot and he is using the 729 E.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Holy shit if you can confirm this i would be willing to get an E to see if it connects faster to iphones and other devices.

Can you 100% confirm this because I and many other people believe only the B is compatible with reddot.

This is the email from Stu from my friend. "The newest interface is a 729E, this replaced the 729C. Your friend is correct that the 729B supports the red dash insert but is no longer available and not an issue to you anyway."

macad

apple pixel pusher
Actually did my 3G iPhone yesterday - it's not too bad - will do until i get an iPhone 4 anyway.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Better off jailbreaking it rather than loading up iOS4.. Agree it would be pretty slow on 3G phones.

Yeah and how will this help when i'm running iPhone4??

Booba

Ready to race!
Not quite sure I understand. So he is using 729E on his MY07?

Your pirelli is it whitedot?

This is the email from Stu from my friend. "The newest interface is a 729E, this replaced the 729C. Your friend is correct that the 729B supports the red dash insert but is no longer available and not an issue to you anyway."

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Not quite sure I understand. So he is using 729E on his MY07?

Your pirelli is it whitedot?

Yes that is correct. No My Pirelli is MKV therefore Red dot.

Booba

Ready to race!
Hrm very very interesting. I would consider getting an E unit for testing however everything that I read says whitedot only.

Yes that is correct. No My Pirelli is MKV therefore Red dot.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Hrm very very interesting. I would consider getting an E unit for testing however everything that I read says whitedot only.

It is definitely working in his car. Except he can't get his mute button to work on his steering wheel. I've asked him to try a whole series of different combinations but no success. Perhaps that's what they mean by 'compatible'

Booba

Ready to race!
yeah mute wont work. you either have the star button muting the vehicle or activating voice commands.

can he vagcom to see the actual model number of module 77? where did he source it from. maybe a small chance it's a 729b inside 729E case?

It is definitely working in his car. Except he can't get his mute button to work on his steering wheel. I've asked him to try a whole series of different combinations but no success. Perhaps that's what they mean by 'compatible'