GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IPAD3

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
I used to feel the same way. Every time I saw someone with an iPhone when it first came out I just couldn't understand the big deal. I swore i would never be one of "those" people. But over time more and more people I knew had one. And seeing all the things it could do started to pique my interest. Finally when sprint got the iPhone I gave in and now I'm a avid apple fan. Yeah, they are a little pricey but with a 2 yr contract (I planned to stick with sprint anyway...) it was only $99. Now this "phone" is that, my gps, camera, Internet / email on the go, music player, etc. it's just so versatile. Plus my siblings all have the iPhone as well, making FaceTime and iMessages an easy way to stay in touch.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used MacBooks, iPods and iPads at work before. Not impressed with the interface and quality. I liked the MacBook's magnetic power connector but that's about it. The USB interface on iPods/iPhones is a piece of garbage. They could have easily used a micro-USB connector for them. Then of course you need to use iTunes for everything. No thanks.

For my first personal smart phone (previously had a company provided BlackBerry) I got an HTC Arrive with Windows Phone 7. A lot of people assume that it's Windows on a phone but it's not Windows at all. I think it's the best phone interface ever made and yes, I've messed with Android and iPhones before. I have my GPS through Bing Maps, camera, internet/e-mail, Zune music/video player, etc. Not to mention that it wasn't made in that human rights violating Foxconn sweat shop in China like Apple products are.

http://www.macworld.com/article/154864/2010/10/foxconn.html

Bender1

Banned
You are a bit naive if you think HTC products (which I love and use extensively) are made in an environment that is significantly different than Apples.

My reluctance with Apple products is I do not believe their laptops are worth the premium and iTunes is a terrible program on PC.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I don't think you can order today?

zee

Go Kart Champion
The apple store is down at the moment for the iPad media event in an hour. It will probably be back up for pre-order once the conference is over.

McQueen77

Banned
Mac has been the standard in the entertainment industry for ages and that's what I use. Love the interface and the design. Our house has an iPad, ipad2, MacBook pro, new iMac and a power Mac post g5 tower. I still use a blackberry phone as I hate typing on an iPhone. I love my ipad2 but if I had known I would have waited for the 3. Can't ever win with technology

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
all i want is the original ipad, i was hoping they would lose value since ipad3 came out. Nope, still expensive...I just want it so i can go on netflix around the house. And tapatalk.

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
You are a bit naive if you think HTC products (which I love and use extensively) are made in an environment that is significantly different than Apples.

My reluctance with Apple products is I do not believe their laptops are worth the premium and iTunes is a terrible program on PC.

Don't you know? You're paying for the Apple "experience". That alone is "worth" the premium in price. JK

No, I'm aware that sweat shops are not exactly dream jobs for anyone. But Foxconn is a well known human rights violator. They have tortured employees in the past.

http://gizmodo.com/5321006/foxconn-iphone-suicide-chinese-police-now-investigating-murder

Because Apple rakes in billions in profit and smiles at a naive public while covering up or denying issues like this, I will never purchase anything with an Apple logo.

Bender1

Banned
Sorry to get so far off topic but... you do know Foxconn makes loads of other stuff too, right?

They made my HTC Incredible. They made my Xbox 360. They made my Wii. They made my Kindle. They made my HP computer. They make PS3s and on and on...

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
Mac has been the standard in the entertainment industry for ages and that's what I use. Love the interface and the design. Our house has an iPad, ipad2, MacBook pro, new iMac and a power Mac post g5 tower. I still use a blackberry phone as I hate typing on an iPhone. I love my ipad2 but if I had known I would have waited for the 3. Can't ever win with technology

Does that include when they almost went bankrupt in the mid-90s or was that in the years (not ages) afterwards?

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2010/06/02/steve-jobs-90-days/

Just curious. ;)

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
Sorry to get so far off topic but... you do know Foxconn makes loads of other stuff too, right?

They made my HTC Incredible. They made my Xbox 360. They made my Wii. They made my Kindle. They made my HP computer. They make PS3s and on and on...

I don't own any of those either. No Xbox 360, no Wii, no PS3, no Kindle. They actually have plants all over the world for a lot of companies. Your HP was made in a joint Foxconn-HP plant. Most likely Foxconn only made the system board. But the main questionable human rights issues are from the Foxconn production plant in China that makes ALL of the Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad devices.

Brand loyalty is one thing. Brand fanaticism is another.

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
Agreed, as is blind stance against a brand.

I concur. That's why I have actually used and researched Apple products (even gone through Apple Care training when I did IT tech support) just to be aware of what I did and did not like about them. ;)