GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iOS 6 Fully Released

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Interesting thing I noticed tonight after updating -- Can't send MMS to a non-iPhone user. Normal text works fine. Just no multimedia messages. Not sure if its related to update or just a coincidence.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Interesting thing I noticed tonight after updating -- Can't send MMS to a non-iPhone user. Normal text works fine. Just no multimedia messages. Not sure if its related to update or just a coincidence.

It's Apple throwing up a big middle finger to everyone that doesn't use an Apple device.

:lol:

Actually, I don't know many non-iPhone users to try this.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
It's Apple throwing up a big middle finger to everyone that doesn't use an Apple device.

:lol:

Actually, I don't know many non-iPhone users to try this.

Ha! I'm in the same boat. I don't know many non-iPhone users either. Just happened to try to send one of my droid owning friends a picture and kept getting message send failures.

nik

Go Kart Champion
having the passport issue too and had the wifi dropping issue the other day. seems to have evened out now. Few things I do like that haven't been mentioned:

- The bluetooth menu is right in the main settings screen and not in a sub menu
- Siri finally works in Canada!
- panorama is meh, I used to use photosynth anyways, and it's much easier to use rather than following the pano pane like the rockband voice arrow.
- voice guided GPS isn't bad, expect some glitches as it's the first release, but I bet it's wayy better than the VW nav still.

I wonder if VW will release a Siri to bluetooth update for our RNS systems. There were rumblings that Audi has joined the bandwagon.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
My white noise app starts shuffling between sounds after an hour. I just did a 21 hour flight and needed it to help me sleep. Turn on my iPod, random shuffling then the voice activation coming on at random. Turn the phone off then back on seems to help, temporarily.

Did swipe to power off go away? I press the sleep and home button as before, no swipe prompt but it eventually shuts off. Takes significantly longer to reboot.

iPhone4 user here. Unfortunately I have to wait until Nov when I'm back in the US to buy the iPhone5.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
My white noise app starts shuffling between sounds after an hour. I just did a 21 hour flight and needed it to help me sleep. Turn on my iPod, random shuffling then the voice activation coming on at random. Turn the phone off then back on seems to help, temporarily.

Did swipe to power off go away? I press the sleep and home button as before, no swipe prompt but it eventually shuts off. Takes significantly longer to reboot.

iPhone4 user here. Unfortunately I have to wait until Nov when I'm back in the US to buy the iPhone5.

Holding home and the power button is a hard reset. It used to show you a slide to power off, but it seems that they have deleted that in iOS 6. If you just hold down the power button -- slide to power off still shows up.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Car(s)
2010 Tiguan 4Motion
Just to note, my MMS sending/receiving with Verizon works just fine. That is to/from non-iphone users.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I use the google maps on my 4S to actually search for places, not just specific addresses. How does the Apple Maps app compare for that?

Just fine. It links to yelp.