GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introductions thread (Part 2)

Chrislocrotondo

Car(s)
06 gti
My names Chris by the way I've been searching all over cant find an answer I was going around this forum and read about the cam follower issues and decided to change mine since I'm doing all maintenance at the moment because I have no idea who or where the last owner was from or how they maintained the car so I'm starting everything fresh but anyway when I was removing the fuel pump I accidentally broke the fuel pressure regulator on the top of the pump someone please help! Do I need to buy a whole new pump now or is it possible to change the part?

Here's a link of a pic http://s1308.beta.photobucket.com/user/Chrislocrotondo/media/image_zps06c913f5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Last edited:

BooHnda

So incredibly happy to be back in a GTI

I used to have a decently modified 01 GTI and stupidly and regrettably traded it in back in 2006. Fast forward to two days ago and I can proudly say I am the second owner of a Black 09 GTI with Autobahn package. Yay for certified pre-owned cuz I wanted the warranty.

Crappy picture but the dealership was 2.5 hours away and so it already needs another bath.

About to be 30 years old, married with a child on the way hence the 4 door. :-D

Wife wanted an SUV, I greatly did NOT want an SUV and this was the compromise. (we have two dogs, SUV would allow the dogs to be separated from our son when born)

MC71

Hi all!

I'm Martin, living in England. Have had a Mk5 Golf GTI Edition 30 for about a year. Have done a fair few mods, inside and out. Am here to help others and also to learn more about my car. As she stands at the mo.....

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32

rt4me

Name's Tim. Wife just bought an 08 GTI (FSI). I'll be doing most of the maintenance on it so I'm more of the forum member type than her. I'm really liking the car and have already put a bug in her ear that I might take over the car as my own and get rid of my 04 WRX. The GTI certainly has a nicer interior and feels more refined.

I'm getting maintenance items up to date and reading up on common issues to look for. I'll probably be posting to the various tech forums or at least lurking. I plan on tackling basics like spark plugs, oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid and coolant this weekend, with the addition of checking on the fuel pump cam follower and a valve cover gasket leak. Need to get the car to a known baseline.

I'm hoping the car, with proper maintenance, will be fairly trouble free.

Last edited:

trs888

Car(s)
MK5 Golf GTI
My name is Thom and im from Sunderland, UK. owned a 2005 VW Golf GTI for about a year now and still loving it!

mods are a plenty and more to come!

Pieman

Hi,

I'm James and I'm in the UK. Been into VW's for about 20 years. I have just bought a MK5 R32 DSG DBP and big spec inc Recaro's. 1 owner and only 34k. I'm now starting to modify it. I will get pictures up asap.

I have a few other VW's, 1 is a MK2 Caddy which is VR6'd running on LPG which is my daily and a Passat B5.5 PD130 running 212bhp and 345lbft.

Really liking the forum so far, loads of reading to do first about the MK5 and then will get posting.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
My name is Thom and im from Sunderland, UK. owned a 2005 VW Golf GTI for about a year now and still loving it!

mods are a plenty and more to come!

Hey guys! Just saying hello. I'm James from Edinburgh in Scotland and I have just bought myself a lovely MKV Gti DSG in candy white :)

Hi,

I'm James and I'm in the UK. Been into VW's for about 20 years. I have just bought a MK5 R32 DSG DBP and big spec inc Recaro's. 1 owner and only 34k. I'm now starting to modify it. I will get pictures up asap.

I have a few other VW's, 1 is a MK2 Caddy which is VR6'd running on LPG which is my daily and a Passat B5.5 PD130 running 212bhp and 345lbft.

Really liking the forum so far, loads of reading to do first about the MK5 and then will get posting.

Hey im mike,
I drive a 1.4TSI 140bhp
I am 18 and from the UK, i have owned the car for around 2 weeks and have some great plans for it!

You guys from the UK always seem super friendly. Welcome :thumbup:

MichaelBoyd.

Hello!

Hi there, I'm Michael aged 20 from Manchester, and my car is a vw golf mk5 55plate 1.4 3door, which isn't too bad as this is my first ever car! Just a few issues with it that need sorting :).

Brenton717

Hey all. I'm Brenton from Pennsylvania. Recently bought a black 07 Rabbit. I don't have plans to get too crazy with it but I'll probably do an intake/chip/exhaust. Here's hoping she treats me as well as my old 95 jetta and better than the 91 corrado I used to let drain my bank account... hahaha.

Mshawnbauer

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, I've just purchased my MKV GTI. No stranger to VW's. My first VW was an 88 Fox, Second was a MK2 GLI, then a MK3 GTI, followed by (2) MKIV Jetta's and of course there's My Beloved VR6 Corrado (currently For sale). My GTI's Black, 4door, 6-speed w/leather. Purchased as CPO 53k miles. So far so good! I am floored by how much more fun this car is than any of my previous (Corrado NOT included, lol) VW's. Also very glad to find this forum.

Candy_MKV

VDub Wife
Car(s)
CW MKV GTI
Hey all! My name is Jayne, happily residing in Coconut Creek, FL with my husband. I've owned my CW MKV GTI since July of '12 and have plenty of mods to keep myself performance happy. :) Prior to buying my GTI, I had a '94 5-speed 300zx which was my pride and joy. It's definitely been a change coming from the stiff Z clutch to the buttery-soft clutch in the GTI.

So far I have several performance upgrades as well as suspension, exterior, etc.
Performance wise I have: 3" Catless Downpipe, BSP Cold Air Intake, Forge BOV, NewSouth Performance Boost Gauge, Custom Tune on 18 lbs of Boost, + some other bits and pieces. :burnrubber:

Suspension/Wheels: Neuspeed Lowering Springs, Cross Drilled/Slotted Performance Rotors (On The Way), 18x9.5 ET 25 Matte Black Traklite Thrusts (All Around)

Exterior: OEM Votex Kit, R32 Taillights, Clear Sidemarkers

I have a lot planned and in store for my MKV in the near future... Next I'm looking forward to changing up my suspension with coils, plus a custom intercooler and piping, custom 3" exhaust, Southbend Performance Stage II clutch... The list goes on and on. :thumbsup:

Old Setup w/ 18x8 Ruff Racing Rims:

Sneak Peek of New Rims: