GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I saw an R32 on lot

spelchek

oiler
Car(s)
A5 Golf
you must have fucking eagle eyes

NAh, you can tell an R32 easy.. dont even have to see the badge. The colour and wheels are a dead giveaway.. in fact its easier to tell an r32 from a gti than it is to tell a gti from a 'normal' golf.

We have heaps of R32's running around OZ now.it seems. I think i see about 1 a week (at least it seems that way.. im no longer "WOW" surprised when i see one anyway).

And US they are very rare correct??

MAn VW is weird when it comes to the US market..

Anterrabae

Banned

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
When I was stationed in Alaska, Fairbanks temps where definatly not below zero "all the time". On any one day, it could be -40 but go up to near freezing if the wind picked up. But definatly not below zero "all the time".

Can't imagine the weather there has changed that much in 35 years.

Maybe "all the time" was a wrong way to put it. How 'bout; 'quite often'?

I don't live in Fairbanks, been there three times. Each time in summer. but, I was a manager for a store and we had a store in Fairbanks, so I talked to those guys a lot.

A quick google shows that it's -13F in Fairbanks today. 20 degrees where I am (anchorage). :0

brizzology

I saw a 2007 being driven in South San Francisco...posted about it in the Cali forum. I think it's owned by the VW dealer there. I pass them on the way to work every day and usually see them driving one VW or another...couldn't get the guy's attention when he was driving the R32 though!!

TailsnessMkV

Passed Driver's Ed
I just passed by it no more then 20 mins ago, and upon a closer look it was actually an MKIV R32 i took pics i donno if you still want to see them but ya it wasnt the new one. Still looks nice though.

Panzerwagen V

That Guy...
I just passed by it no more then 20 mins ago, and upon a closer look it was actually an MKIV R32 i took pics i donno if you still want to see them but ya it wasnt the new one. Still looks nice though.

Thats what I was thinking while I was reading on down the page. It's ok though cuz they almost look the same.:drinking: :smoking: :bs:

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
Of course it was a MKIV... The earliest you can get a new R32 is August. If you put down one of the first 832 deposits it pretty much secures you an August delivery. Don't expect to see one on the lot that isn't presold till Sept. or Oct.

TailsnessMkV

Passed Driver's Ed
The first time i passed by all i saw was the r32 symbol and the rims. I the rims i thought looked just like the ones on the new r32 but i was just going off of memory at the time, i was also moving in a car while i looked at it. Today though when i stopped to take the picture i looked at the back lights and immediately knew it wasnt the new r32. Sorry for the false alarm!! Well now i got to post on the forums! Love the site and the MKV!

envyrew

Eurlaggin'
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Oh man.. no mk5 r32's at all in the US?? Man, VW sure knows how to screw the US around with models/options etc...

Uh, it's coming soon.

spelchek

oiler
Car(s)
A5 Golf
Yeah sure envyew, but how far behind the rest of the world... the gti as well.. we've had the mk5 gti here since 2005.. AFAIK, USA has has them available for less than a year?? TDI variants are similarlly diffierent to what the resto f the world seems to get...
Amazes me that OZ (a comparatively tiny market) gets seemingly more attention from VW than USA does.