GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I lost respect for the R32...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zooplancton

perma-grinnin'
porsche does not suck. they are very fine cars. not status symbols at all.
got to ride in a 500hp one a little while back. thing was sic...

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
..shit man he beat a 04 cobra 911 tt c6 corvette 580hp c5.(from dig).

When you have the money to finally afford a Porsche, ..the last thing you care about is if some idiot in his Lancer or his impreza is faster, because your driving the car everybody would love to have.

It amazes me how many people keep comparing apples with oranges.
I.E: Comparing the build quality of a GTI, with that of a local school bus.

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
At the quarter mile here in Vegas I saw a guy in a brand new (still had paper plates) Maserati Coupe running High 14s. :eyebulge: The standard response is, "He is in dire need of a driver mod." :bellyroll: LOL. Some guys/gals are really good some just aren't. Not necessarily the car's issues.

funny.

But isn't launching a DSG with launch control about as difficult as holding the wheel straight and pressing 1 pedal???

Perhaps I'm making your argument for you...

Taz

Ready to race!
funny.

But isn't launching a DSG with launch control about as difficult as holding the wheel straight and pressing 1 pedal???

Perhaps I'm making your argument for you...

My thoughts exactly! How hard can it be to launch? AWD, DSG, launch control, it is freakin' video game and my kids could do it.

MKV Shqiptar

Got the diseeaaassee
Car(s)
hhhhaaaaaa
frodo is starting this story again. he claimed in another thread that his brothers sti beat a e39 m5 (at the time he just had a cat-back). sti's are fast and all. but to say that you beat a 911TT and a c6 z06 and c5 AND a m5 is nonsense.

also i saw a 1988 Ferrari Testarossa do 14.1 in the quarter mile. so it definetly depends on the driver when it comes to the statement about the r32. also the guy might have shifted as soon as the tranny felt that it needed to shift. so in other words he shifted up 2 gears. i saw someone do that in their dsg gti

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah, I've driven a C6 ZO6 before, and they're no joke. At 1000rpm it feels like our cars at 2500-3000rpm. I didn't shift above 4000 just because I didn't want to lose control of a $75000 car that is owned by a customer (I work at a Chevy dealership).

Status
Not open for further replies.