GOLFMKV

I lost respect for the R32...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IchBinDarren

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Rabbit
I went to the track last night (1/8mile) and there was a blue R32 there and he was getting beat by del sols, civic hatchs, integras, previous gen eclipses. I guess I would have expected more out of a 3.2 AWD V6... He ran a steady 10.5 all the other cars were running at 10 and lower.

(Just to throw in there a stock evo and stock sti were there... And the STi got WHOOPED all times.)

There is WAY more to a car than how it accelerates in a straight line. :rolleyes:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Yeah I'm never buying a Porsche for a similar reason. I saw one in traffic the other day, and I totally passed him even though I was only going like 7mph and in 1st GEAR!!! OMG!!! What a crap car.

Honestly what I said above makes about as much sense as the OP. Drag racing proves little besides who can run through the gears the best. Somehow I don't see VW giving too much of a fuck about 1/4 mile or even less importantly an 1/8 mile time when they sat down to design the R32. They were more concerned with handling, and making a quality interior. The R32 even has a Radio!!!

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
i personally believe that a AWD car is the hardest car to drive on the track and get good times with it. I say this because i have seen SO many variations off track times with AWD cars where as the RWD and FWD a little more consistent with track times

Frodo

Ready to race!
There is no doubt that the STI is slower than the EVO. But personally, i would rather have the STI, for my own reasons and views.

NOOOOOOOOOO...sti's are not slower than evo's..you guys keep saying that..evo's suk...on 1st..2nd..3rd gear is good..after that they suk...stock srt-4 is faster than a evo 8..no one knows how to drive a sti..its hard to launch it..shift fast in a stock sti...shit man my bro's got one..we eat evo's all day...for some reason all u gti owners say..evos faster but i would rather have a sti...NOOOOOOOOOOOO u guys are all wrong..sorry i just love my bro's sti and i will defend it..shit man he beat a 04 cobra 911 tt c6 corvette 580hp c5.(from dig)...its just what i said people dont know how to drive their cars..my cuzin in his x-runner would get smoked by my v8 tundra for the first year he had his car..then he stopped beign a puss and drove his car and can finally beat me..so in conclusion...sti>evo

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
NOOOOOOOOOO...sti's are not slower than evo's..you guys keep saying that..evo's suk...on 1st..2nd..3rd gear is good..after that they suk...stock srt-4 is faster than a evo 8..no one knows how to drive a sti..its hard to launch it..shift fast in a stock sti...shit man my bro's got one..we eat evo's all day...for some reason all u gti owners say..evos faster but i would rather have a sti...NOOOOOOOOOOOO u guys are all wrong..sorry i just love my bro's sti and i will defend it..shit man he beat a 04 cobra 911 tt c6 corvette 580hp c5.(from dig)...its just what i said people dont know how to drive their cars..my cuzin in his x-runner would get smoked by my v8 tundra for the first year he had his car..then he stopped beign a puss and drove his car and can finally beat me..so in conclusion...sti>evo

Yeah those 911tt's and C6 vettes sure are slower than STIs.. and STI's are just hard to launch..

in your world.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
i personally believe that a AWD car is the hardest car to drive on the track and get good times with it. I say this because i have seen SO many variations off track times with AWD cars where as the RWD and FWD a little more consistent with track times

Are you saying track as in corners, or track as in drag strip?

Frodo

Ready to race!
Yeah those 911tt's and C6 vettes sure are slower than STIs.. and STI's are just hard to launch..

in your world.

u funny man..i didnt specify..the 911 was on the freeway..he was trying to pass us up and got stuck behind a car..then went behind us and we gunned it..he wasnt as skilled as my bro at crazy driving so thats a kill..dude..those cars are so much faster..but why wouldnt he hang...and also the c6 was at 15mph and he was auto my bro was in 2nd and until top of 3rd the corvette was half a car behind...

Frodo

Ready to race!
oh and also...the 911 dude was around 30 yrs old..he went next to us while we were cruising..he looks at us and just floors it..and the dude in the c6 was old and we got to a stop light ..and hes like lets go again..always old people in corvette always fuk with my bro..but i know those cars are faster..auto c6 is in the mid 12's in 1/4

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
u funny man..i didnt specify..the 911 was on the freeway..he was trying to pass us up and got stuck behind a car..then went behind us and we gunned it..he wasnt as skilled as my bro at crazy driving so thats a kill..dude..those cars are so much faster..but why wouldnt he hang...and also the c6 was at 15mph and he was auto my bro was in 2nd and until top of 3rd the corvette was half a car behind...

You're making some really off-the-wall generalizations about cars that are much faster than an STI and I just felt the need to call you on it.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
track as in drag strip

Ahh ok. AWD takes practice, but when you get the clutch down, you can hit around the same 60' time every time. Especially on a Subaru (Both WRX and STI). For stock drivetrains, they are the easiest to launch and get consistant times with. Adding launch control helps a lot though.

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Ahh ok. AWD takes practice, but when you get the clutch down, you can hit around the same 60' time every time. Especially on a Subaru (Both WRX and STI). For stock drivetrains, they are the easiest to launch and get consistant times with. Adding launch control helps a lot though.

yea that is basically what i was saying because i was at the track about 3 times last year and i saw some evo's and sti's doing 15's:eyebulge: which was a total shock to me because i havent been to the track before that. I relized that when they say the driver matters the DRIVER DOES MATTER and was a total shock to me. I drove my friends evo IX MR and he let me launch it, i did really bad even though the MR has like a 2step thing built into the ECU

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Did you make it smell nice? :laugh: You do have the potential to screw it up for sure. Just gotta find the sweet spot with the clutch and turbo.

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
yea some of that sweet smelling clutch...i love when my friend(the owner of the MR launches it because the feelings is amazing)

RSC17

R32 OG

frodo, your writing is totally incoherent. but the part which I could decipher was the part where your brother's (I guess stock?) STI was beating mustang cobras, porsche 911 twin turbos, and modded corvette. STI's are nice cars but where do you get your information dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.