GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I lost respect for the R32...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMarineM16A4

Ready to race!
I went to the track last night (1/8mile) and there was a blue R32 there and he was getting beat by del sols, civic hatchs, integras, previous gen eclipses. I guess I would have expected more out of a 3.2 AWD V6... He ran a steady 10.5 all the other cars were running at 10 and lower.

(Just to throw in there a stock evo and stock sti were there... And the STi got WHOOPED all times.)

geboost07

X20A Strike Freedom
Car(s)
golf gti
well i mean it happens i beat a r32 at the nurburgring but if it was a straight line he'd kill me. also keeo in mind they had to spend thousands and thousands of dollars just to compare so i wouldnt lose respect for the R

Nikerey

Darkness
this was a MKV r32? i didnt realise anyone had taken delivery yet.

If it was a previous gen, youd gotta remember the driver makes a huge difference when at the track.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
If all you are looking for is a drag racer, then it's not the car for you. It can also stop and turn well.

Not to mention the sound of the VR6 and the quality of the interior compared to the other cars that beat it.

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
1/8th?

2 mkiv r32 i saw ran 8.8-9

i ran 9.7 stock

like someone said before, dont judge a car by how you saw it run coz it has a lot to do with the driver

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Exactly, maybe the guy can't drive. I've heard of guys at autocrosses running dead last in Vipers, Gallardos, and 360 Modenas because they have no idea what they're doing.

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
Exactly, maybe the guy can't drive. I've heard of guys at autocrosses running dead last in Vipers, Gallardos, and 360 Modenas because they have no idea what they're doing.

it's true. I've seen (on numerous occassions) guy's in Ford Focus's getting the best times of the day. they are great drivers and can handle their car perfectly.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
(Just to throw in there a stock evo and stock sti were there... And the STi got WHOOPED all times.)

There is no doubt that the STI is slower than the EVO. But personally, i would rather have the STI, for my own reasons and views.

Loudener

The VW was 3 cars ago...
Car(s)
2010 Mini Cooper S
it's true. I've seen (on numerous occassions) guy's in Ford Focus's getting the best times of the day. they are great drivers and can handle their car perfectly.

At the quarter mile here in Vegas I saw a guy in a brand new (still had paper plates) Maserati Coupe running High 14s. :eyebulge: The standard response is, "He is in dire need of a driver mod." :bellyroll: LOL. Some guys/gals are really good some just aren't. Not necessarily the car's issues.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
At the quarter mile here in Vegas I saw a guy in a brand new (still had paper plates) Maserati Coupe running High 14s. :eyebulge: The standard response is, "He is in dire need of a driver mod." :bellyroll: LOL. Some guys/gals are really good some just aren't. Not necessarily the car's issues.

Haha, that's pathetic. They must have been ashamed of themselves.:bellyroll:

brokendreams

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 BM GTI
And how modded were the cars he was competing against?

It's a shame that you would lose respect for a very nice vehicle just because of ONE instance at ONE track when you might not have any clue what the other competitors were running in their vehicles.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: We, as enthusiasts, need to respect what people do to their vehicles. If I see a very nice, fast 1992 CRX, I'm not gonna disrespect it JUST because it's a Honda. If that same CRX has no power, and has Type-R stickers all over it, an interior directly from an APC catolog... That's a different story. But, I also see terrible BMW, Mercedes and VW products all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.