GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPFP

TEHSNAPS

IN SNAPPYVILLE
So just upgraded to stage 2+ and still having furl cuts at wot. I sent hpfpupgrade a email and it went as follows

Hello I was inquiring about your HPFP warranty. I upgrade to you guys pump on may of last year and when I went to apr stage 2. I had a couple of fuel cuts after I installed the pump but though nothing of it. I recently went to stage 2 + fuel pump with apr and notice a lot more full cuts on WOT when in sixth gear going past 75mph. I have replace the cam follower and still having these cuts. Is there a chance I might have a faulty pump. Since this was yapping when I got the pump. Also I got a check engine light with the code p2293 ( fuel pressure regulator)
I have pulled this code every once awhile with this pump.

This is their response

If you are getting a low pressure regulator code that would be the low side fuel pressure concern I would look into that because a low pressure from the in tank pump will cause fuel cuts. Also, have you looked into upgrading your rail valve? A failing rail valve could cause issues with fuel cuts as well.

If you are concerned about the high pressure pump, you can send it to us and we can test it free of charge for you.

My question is where do I begin. I love the upgrade but having these issues and I don't want to spend the money upgrading these parts and not fixing the issue. Any suggestions or had these issues and this is what you did to fix it

Thanks kirk

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
seems like they are willing to help you on their end. I'm currently 2+ with an Apr pump, no issues, and very strong. ik you said you replaced the cf but how's the cam? I don't see the frv being a issue with aprs 2+ tune. it pushes it but it holds.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
take video. let's see the cuts. they make a good product, I'm wondering if it's misfires

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Have you ever replaced your coil packs? They might be causing misfires that could be confused with fuel cuts.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
plugs?

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
What tuner did you go with and what intake are you running?

xatnys360

Ready to race!
Those guys are big believers in the necessity of upgrading the FRV. Back when I was talking to them, they strongly suggested 145bar for Stage 2+, and 155bar if I ever planned on going BT later. And then there are plenty of guys who never touch the FRV and do just fine, so I'm not really sure where the truth lies... I always got the impression they were trying to oversell me.

Car(s)
Subaru
Those guys are big believers in the necessity of upgrading the FRV. Back when I was talking to them, they strongly suggested 145bar for Stage 2+, and 155bar if I ever planned on going BT later. And then there are plenty of guys who never touch the FRV and do just fine, so I'm not really sure where the truth lies... I always got the impression they were trying to oversell me.

S2+ doesn't request enough to require a frv. Even some bt tunes don't require them.

live4something

Ready to race!
I had the same issue. They tried to tell me my problems were related to the LPFP, Logs proved otherwise. Eventually my third pump from them (rebuilt twice) seems to be doing fine. For whatever reason the pump was seizing

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Just start with replacing your fuel filter.
Then a new lpfp in the tank.
Someone has to have an oem fprv left over from their own fprv upgrade willing to send to you. If not just replace it with a new one. No need to upgrade it...