GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPFP CAM housing hole, is it like this from factory?

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
HPFP housing 1.jpg

So I changed my CF this weekend and spent a little longer inspecting everything
on my HPFP and noticed a hole on the 9 o'clock side of the CAM housing where the HPFP sits. I'm hoping this is from the factory and not a tear? Everything else seems to be fine, and no I haven't had any CF failure in the past 'coz I regularly check and replace my CF if necessary.

Duster117

Ready to race!
i dont remember a hole like that in mine.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Google could of told you this.
A quick search brings up a million pictures and after looking at this one... I'd say yes- it's completely normal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
^ that's a big relief!!! I was a bit panicky, didn't really searched it was hoping I can get an answer from fellow forum members which I did. Thanks!

Duster117

Ready to race!
i never would have thought it. but the times i have had my follower out, i was way more concerned about it than the housing.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
i never would have thought it. but the times i have had my follower out, i was way more concerned about it than the housing.

I know that feel.

I'm always terrified of what I'll find when I pop off the hpfp and inspect my cf. I get tunnel vision and don't notice anything else.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
I know that feel.

I'm always terrified of what I'll find when I pop off the hpfp and inspect my cf. I get tunnel vision and don't notice anything else.

is that what they call the Cam Follower syndrome?:biggrin: I wasn't really paying attention to it as well until recently.

defense05

Ready to race!
I know that feel.

I know that feel... I've changed my follower about 5 or 6 times now. Each time I am scared to death because I'm convinced I waited too long, lmao.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
^ I'm curious, for a K04 car how many miles do you put on until you change your CF? I've found out that for me as a S2+ with mix of spirited and normal driving including a couple of track days, the max I can go would be 12K miles. That's my mileage during my last swap and I began to saw moderate to high wear on the CF by then.

defense05

Ready to race!
I try not to go over 10k. However, whenever I change it, the old follower looks pretty good and probably could have gone another 3-4k miles.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
I try not to go over 10k. However, whenever I change it, the old follower looks pretty good and probably could have gone another 3-4k miles.

I would say 10K would be a safe bet in between changes.