GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hpfp Cam Follower Plastic Coating

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Anybody have any idea what manufacturer does this...I take it was done to protect the face of the follower for shipping and the installer did not remove it when installed...... or a temporary fix for a worn follower idk.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
They come in a plastic cup, just by themselves.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
That's the only way I have seen them new with dlc and in plastic cup. This came out of a 06 that the guy just bought.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
That's looking like a home cure to temporarily build up the CF face to prevent a code so to sell or trade. A new CF from any manufacturer should only have light oil on it with a black DLC face of the tappet in a small clear tub: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/a-kAAOSwYIhWlNFH/s-l300.jpg.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Anybody have any idea what manufacturer does this...I take it was done to protect the face of the follower for shipping and the installer did not remove it when installed...... or a temporary fix for a worn follower idk.

Is that completely punched through?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It's even possible that they tried adhering a bit, or plug, of alloy to the face with that red/orange stuff rather than just getting a new CF...because glue is cheaper..."aaaaanduh"....."a good idea is a good idea!"