GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to get Android to do what iPhone does?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
FYI, I use Handcent SMS as a text program, it automatically resizes when sending. No choices on sizing, but it automatically tells you it's too large and allows you to select "resize" and send.

And another Swype user here, just simple, still uses autocorrect and you can add words to the dictionary as standard.

DROID Razr Max HD.

As an afterthought, my wife has the S3 and I have to say, while the default feature set from Samsung is very impressive (and I love their commercials poking fun at iphone), I find their design and implemntation not to my liking. It's not Android...it's Samsung. I find Motorrola's designs more to my liking so that's what I use. And that's the brilliance of Android as Bender pointed out. I can find a device that works close to how I like it and then customize it with apps. Someone else can do the same and we can have the same device and two different functionalities. With the "i" products it's their way or the highway. I would rather deal with so called "3rd party" apps then to have a $500 device that doesn't do what I want and need. :D

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
And that's the brilliance of Android as Bender pointed out. I can find a device that works close to how I like it and then customize it with apps. Someone else can do the same and we can have the same device and two different functionalities. With the "i" products it's their way or the highway. I would rather deal with so called "3rd party" apps then to have a $500 device that doesn't do what I want and need. :D

^This.......well said! :thumbup:

Sent via Tapatalk 2

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
FYI, I use Handcent SMS as a text program, it automatically resizes when sending. No choices on sizing, but it automatically tells you it's too large and allows you to select "resize" and send.

And another Swype user here, just simple, still uses autocorrect and you can add words to the dictionary as standard.

DROID Razr Max HD.

As an afterthought, my wife has the S3 and I have to say, while the default feature set from Samsung is very impressive (and I love their commercials poking fun at iphone), I find their design and implemntation not to my liking. It's not Android...it's Samsung. I find Motorrola's designs more to my liking so that's what I use. And that's the brilliance of Android as Bender pointed out. I can find a device that works close to how I like it and then customize it with apps. Someone else can do the same and we can have the same device and two different functionalities. With the "i" products it's their way or the highway. I would rather deal with so called "3rd party" apps then to have a $500 device that doesn't do what I want and need. :D

I think you talked me into getting out of the apple world.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I never got used to swype
I tried many different keyboards and Swiftkey3 was the best for me. Google keyboard was always a backup.
For GS3 users that want to root, looking into the liquidsmooth roms.
They are based off cyanogenmod, but have a small twist to then with extra features.

Everything has been working okay for me. I've been having issues with my alarm not going off and my clock freezing up.
I'm on v2.7
They have 2.8 out which probably fixes most of the issues.
It's a beta rom, so don't expect a stable release.
The cyanogen stable releases are awesome if you want to have aokp with the neat extra features bundled up.

Nothing however will be as stable as stock aokp.
There is so little to it that virtually nothing can go wrong.

For those who want to change it up but stay unrooted, download apex launcher.
Phone will feel faster and you'll save a bit of battery life.
Nova launcher is also awesome, but i prefer apex from a developer's pov.

Sent via a microwave.