GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HGP/HPA intake manifold with flapper for fsi motor

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion

http://www.hgp-turbo.de/vw/golf6r20.html

A message from HPA:
It is no secret that with the 3.2 no longer in production, HPA’s development and interests will have to adapt to the latest production offerings.

Our partners at HGP are just concluding a year long R&D for this powerplant with the fruits being the monster turbo upgrade you see before you.

HPA’s overseas dealers have already been testing our hardware upgrades that are not as extreme as the HGP based overhaul with great success.

When the vehicle nears release, please keep your eyes out on our web. Our comprehensive DSG offerings will continue to drive the expansion of our dealer base here in North America, but the beauty behind a car like this is that the majority of hardware bits can be installed by any tuner/

I ran across this news in another forum. It was designed for the R with fsi motor, but I was told it will bolt up to the regular us spec fsi motor & can be imported from hpa shortly:thumbsup: Looking out for the fsi guys:biggrin: It looks sweet, but I'm sure won't be cheap.

adeere

The price on that page shows 1800 euros. According to Google that is $2340.72. Sure does look good though.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
The price on that page shows 1800 euros. According to Google that is $2340.72. Sure does look good though.

HPA goodies are def not cheap:biggrin: This was designed for the new R, but the tech can trickle down for the normal fsi users, but like everything in the dub world gotta pay to play.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
honestly thats not a whole lot more than the HEP manifold for the 2.5 with a United Motorsports reflash and theres no flapper motor... highly doubt anything this over engineered will ever happen for the 2.5 though

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
While this is a really expensive piece (as to be expected with HPA) this is the first aftermarket Intake Manifold to retain the stock flappers

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
heps its like 1,000 dollars also this manifold will take a lot of modification as the throttle body is mounted on the side

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
this manifold will take a lot of modification as the throttle body is mounted on the side

:iono:

lol ya beat me to it

KRL

Passed Driver's Ed
^^^ Acutally it won't, from HGP's website:
Aluminum intake manifold
with increased volume and funnels. The tumble flaps are taken from the original Seriensaugrohr. The intake manifold is designed for maximum performance and pressure. Suitable for original or 70mm throttle

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
There's been talk on the FSI technical thread on vwvortex about the benefits of going to an intake manifold with a larger throttle body.
The only problem is that then you have to tune for it.
Would be interesting to see a big name like HPA go forward with a design to use a larger TB.

At the same time thought it makes me wonder why they didnt go through wit ha larger TB, HPA develops some pretty crazy shit and they could sell a package with all the needed components.

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
even if the flapper is on the side which doesnt make to much sense to me buy modification will still be needed oem hoses wont reach

KRL

Passed Driver's Ed
I think you're missing the point. The flapper motor is on the side of the HGP manifold just like in the factory manifold. The throttle body is in the same spot as the stock manifold as well.

:thumbup:

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
lol definetly missed that, so the are you saying the flapper will be in same spot just motot located on the side?

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
also anyone see room for the injector plate or is it all one peice