GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me decide on my next car

corydd

Go Kart Champion
The Focus and Fiesta ST's are great cars. The Focus obviously has more power, but the Fiesta was actually tuned a bit more aggressively from the factory in terms of suspension and feel. I test drove a Fiesta ST a few weeks ago and it felt great and the Recaro seats are amazing, but VW has spoiled me on interiors... both of those Fords are as fun to drive as cars twice their price, but have interiors from cars half their price.

I haven't been a fan of the Mk7's exterior styling since day one and that hasn't really changed, but every time I start thinking of what new car I would buy, the GTI is still one of the only ones that checks all the boxes: practicality, fuel economy, power (315hp at Stage 1!), handling (adaptive dampening and real LSD), nice interior, price, etc.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Yeah but that's 315hp untested when it comes to reliability thus far. The ST lineup has gotten it's feet wet already and I'm sure the current models out already have bugs and issues squashed.
Honestly, I wouldn't let interior be the game changer in decisions. If you spoil yourself on interiors all the time, your gonna miss out on really fun cars out there.
I think a great motive for me to get out of the German car after this one is repairs alone, lol. Parts and labor costs are nuts with German cars and they have zero reason for me to believe it should be worth the extra costs when compared to other companies.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I say wait for the Mk7 R, time flies. If you are in need right now, just get a cheap $1600 Impreza.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
mk7 gti with performance pack, stage 1 tune+intake, add blizzaks.

/fin

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Better than the Fuckus? I'd like to drive the MK7.

could be.

better superior interior / non-F14 explosion design look, yes?

Bighead1

Ready to race!
I'd vote to wait until the Mk7 R, but I wouldn't personally buy a first year model of any car. Why don't you test drive a performance pack GTI and see if u like that. I've only done a light drive in a new Gti. All I could tell u is that the DSG is pretty awesome, and the interior felt much more roomy.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
How about the 228 or 235? If you can afford the R, you can afford one of those used no problem.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
How about the 228 or 235? If you can afford the R, you can afford one of those used no problem.

Probably sucks in the snow? I'm thinking that's why he wants FWD/AWD.

The Mk7 with the performance pack will easily out-handle the Focus ST. It doesn't have those sexy Recaros though...

I'd certainly like to drive one and find out :D

And GTI seats are still pretty nice, just not quite up to that Recaro level.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
mk7 gti with performance pack, stage 1 tune+intake, add blizzaks.

/fin

I was thinking something along those lines when I started to consider the mk7 GTI.

I'd vote to wait until the Mk7 R, but I wouldn't personally buy a first year model of any car. Why don't you test drive a performance pack GTI and see if u like that. I've only done a light drive in a new Gti. All I could tell u is that the DSG is pretty awesome, and the interior felt much more roomy.

A test drive for both (GTI and ST) is in order for when I get back from vacation to see if I'd be satisfied not waiting.

Nah, 4 doors FTW.

Probably sucks in the snow? I'm thinking that's why he wants FWD/AWD.

Also, this.