GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me decide on my next car

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Definitely wait for awhile. Time will help you make the right decision. Since we all have stupid car ADD, see what you still want in 2 months.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I don't think JP has car ADD. He was actually sad when his GTI got totalled. I would've been fuckin pumped if mine had been totalled.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I don't think JP has car ADD. He was actually sad when his GTI got totalled. I would've been fuckin pumped if mine had been totalled.

True dat.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I've always secretly hoped that whatever car I had at a time that was worth putting full coverage on would get totalled.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi 80 Cabriolet
Mk7 R>all

It's only, what, a few more months away? Whatever happened to delayed gratification?! ;)

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Meant to post this here before, but posted it in OT, so this is a X-post.

Looks like I can no longer wait for the R (especially given that the manual version likely won't be out until next summer). :(
My MK4 has begun to randomly shut off at stop lights - four times since I got back from vacation - with seemingly no issues at all (ie not over heating, clutch depressed, etc.). The mechanical bills will not be worth the continued headache.

I'll be shopping for a new GTI this week.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
For those who don't follow me on social media, I decided on the MK7 GTI - SE, 4 dr, Night Blue Metallic with lighting package. Got a decent deal on the price and my trade in last night when I went to test drive it so I'll be picking it up on Saturday after they locate it (wasn't on the lot). :happyanim:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Dang. Lots of guys upgrading these days! Congrats! And we're expecting a thorough review...

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
For those who don't follow me on social media, I decided on the MK7 GTI - SE, 4 dr, Night Blue Metallic with lighting package. Got a decent deal on the price and my trade in last night when I went to test drive it so I'll be picking it up on Saturday after they locate it (wasn't on the lot). :happyanim:

Please post pics on here, if i would get a mk7 i would deff get the same thing you did except s model since its better than mk6 base, manual or dsg?

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Brilliant choice. How does the 6MT compare to the MK6? Clutch feel, shifter, etc?

I'll get back to you about this on Saturday. They only had an automatic on the lot for me to test drive so I can't say for certain yet. I wasn't planning on purchasing last night, but things kind of fell into place for it.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I hear its much better, check clapperhighs totalled thread, he also had aftermarket clutch on his mk6. Im sure its better even with an s3 shirt shifter :laugh:

Anything is an improvement over the MK5/6.

I'll get back to you about this on Saturday. They only had an automatic on the lot for me to test drive so I can't say for certain yet. I wasn't planning on purchasing last night, but things kind of fell into place for it.

:thumbsup: