GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help a girl out! Headlight issues.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
Any resolve, or did the CD just let it go?

FYI, OP if your wrestling loving boyfriend is away at school, time to bump some strange uglies while he's away. What good is he, if he can't diagnose your car problems... right? Besides, he'll never know.

Last edited:

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
:drool::drool::drool:

Carter N

The Cancer
But for real the dealership is trying to tell me F10 (terminal 30 power supply relay) on the B panel melted and ruined the entire panel.. despite the fact that OP checked all those fuses and none were blown or melted into the panel.

I think this dealership is trying to pull a fast one.

Carter N

The Cancer
That diagram is really old and the layout is different for 09 GTIs but I already got a line on some updated schematics. The only issue is that the one they are claiming melted was visually inspected by OP and her dad and no short, blown fuse, melting, etc was found. So I think they are are trying to sell her a new fuse panel for no reason. They are going to go check it out

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
If they were trying to pull a fast one, they'd tell you the entire wiring in the car shorted out and caught fire, leaving you with a bill for all new electrical wiring, and installation, which they could've easily told you. Compared to that job, a fuse box is nothing in regards to price. Is OP a mechanic by trade? Is her father? You said she skipped a fuse box, or a few fuses... correct? What diagram are you even looking at that's outdated?

It's very likely that there was in fact no melting visible from the front. Did she remove the fuse panel to inspect it completely? It's entirely possible that they're telling the truth, but hell, get a second opinion from an independent mechanic or another dealership if it'll make you sleep better. It'll cost you more in the long run to do so, but hell, you don't want to be screwed over right? It's worth it to pay a couple more diagnostic fees.

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
But for real the dealership is trying to tell me F10 (terminal 30 power supply relay) on the B panel melted and ruined the entire panel.. despite the fact that OP checked all those fuses and none were blown or melted into the panel.

I think this dealership is trying to pull a fast one.

those stealerships are the cancer killing the car industry

had to, sorry lol

Carter N

The Cancer
high hopes huh, does she know shes in the relationship?

I think so :iono:

If they were trying to pull a fast one, they'd tell you the entire wiring in the car shorted out and caught fire, leaving you with a bill for all new electrical wiring, and installation, which they could've easily told you. Compared to that job, a fuse box is nothing in regards to price. Is OP a mechanic by trade? Is her father? You said she skipped a fuse box, or a few fuses... correct? What diagram are you even looking at that's outdated?

It's very likely that there was in fact no melting visible from the front. Did she remove the fuse panel to inspect it completely? It's entirely possible that they're telling the truth, but hell, get a second opinion from an independent mechanic or another dealership if it'll make you sleep better. It'll cost you more in the long run to do so, but hell, you don't want to be screwed over right? It's worth it to pay a couple more diagnostic fees.

Her dad has been working on cars longer than you've been alive, all the fuses in the panel in question were removed and inspected. The fact that the fuse panel looked such an unlikely source is the reason she took it to the dealership anyways. Also why would the dealership make up a completely implausible story that could obviously be proven false (car caught on fire, really?) and not just try to pull a quick one and sell a whole new panel when it might have been something much simpler. All I am saying is the symptoms and visual inspection don't match up with the diagnosis so we are going to double check.

those stealerships are the cancer killing the car industry

had to, sorry lol