GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble-shooting... possibly j519

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
So here's the deal... I get my winter wheels on and as soon as i start it the right rear tail light assembly(driving light and turn signal) go out as well a my reverse lights and 3rd brake light.

I checked the bulbs and common ground(its near the RR tail assembly)..They're all good which leads to me to something prior to the assembly. I have some reason to believe that the issue is the j519 module is on its way out.

If anyone would have any insight on this i would greatly appreciate it as its driving me crazy not being able to figure out the issue.

Vehicle is a late model 07 2 door GTI with every option other than Nav. The car is also coded to euro spec so use of FTP is possible, but i don't have vag comm. The nearest one is in Pittsburgh and I'm a little over an hour and a half north. My nearest dealer is also over an hour away.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I cant find ANY info on this issue. I saw on MKV how someone had their j519 go out, but their gas cap wouldn't open either.

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
At this point you really need vagcom or something else to talk to the damn car. Even that might not get you 100% the information you need and by that I mean the software tells you that X,y,and z aren't working which is 90% of the time problem a but it's really something else. I for example had my steering wheel controls, paddles, and horn stop working. Car said it couldn't talk to them. Came here and saw clock spring assembly a bunch, took the car for warranty service (unless they replaced the clock spring and didn't tell me which is fine) it was the control module in the column that took a shit.