Did the LEO's abuse their power?

• Yes

Votes: 37 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters

colslaw87

Ready to race!
So, as I have already asked, you think it is ok to just let that potentially aggressive dog (as you said, already alerted) just roam around??? Come on guys...

Yes. Let the dog just roam around.

But he might start ripping bumpers off lol.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
In the end the only one I feel pity for is not even Max's owner, but Max himself.

Rest in Peace to a loyal dog.

Also, read my post on the next page for everyone trying to get up to date on my $0.02

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
It's a dog, somebodies dog, it's not a lion, a tiger or a bear. I have two Rottweilers, one of which was imported from Germany who is trained to go for the jugular. If you have any decency, you give the dog a chance to not be my dog, because statistically you know most dogs are not, YES at the risk of your "well being", THEN you act. If you have enough perspective and can truly acknowledge your position, you should be able to calmly expect a survival circumstance therefore be able to expect the dog to act naturally. If you're afraid to take a couple nicks wrestling a dog, or are afraid the dog will kill you, then you are really not prepared to protect anyone without your sword, and thus are another boy with a toy. If you lean on your gun long enough the barrel bends, then the next time you fire it blows up in your face. Circle of life. The next person who shoots before defending himself like a man should be hanged. /my opinion

RIP Max the dog

Last edited:

Adamse7en

Ready to race!
It sucks that the dog died, but put yourself in the police officer's shoes for a second. If there is a dog that big charging you, you don't really have time to do anything different. Just bad luck on everyone's part.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
It sucks that the dog died, but put yourself in the police officer's shoes for a second. If there is a dog that big charging you, you don't really have time to do anything different. Just bad luck on everyone's part.

Defend yourself like a man. Honor, glory.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

So if the cop was being confronted by a a dog who may or may not have been trained to "go for the jugular", he should just take his "nicks" and take it like a man? You're a fucking idiot.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Wow. Defend yourself honorably against a dog? So, a fist against teeth. I'm sorry, but I know the outcome of that. A 100+ lb dog that is attacking will easily kill a human.

So many lulz.

Again, you can all argue the could have and should have and the if's .... but faced with the same situation I'd wager all of you would act similarly. You would protect yourself first. And what is this business about protecting the public before yourself? An officer cannot protect the public if they are maimed or dead. That is a ridiculous thought. It is always self, partner, then public. ALWAYS. Every cop will tell you that.

So so many lulz.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com

Honor and glory only apply to parties who understand and comprehend it. A dog doesn't know what honor is. Glory, maybe, since they bask in their kills, but still.

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
Disagree with this because it makes it look like you agree with random stop and frisks.

Okay, so let's say the other two officers handled the situation maturely, which the owner says they did. The owner did not resist being detained and the officers saw the dog. Owner said: "Max, no", and the dog complied, officers take owner away slowly and the dog barks, then an officer comes out of nowhere, of course that is going to scare/entice the dog more than if he would not have come. The poor judgement comes in the 3rd officer's choice to go into the situation and fatally shoot the dog. ALSO, there were two officers detaining the man, at the point where he was handcuffed, why couldn't they handle the situation? At least ONE of them? with the dog? Exactly. They probably would have but some guy thought he was being a hero. No. The 3rd cop entirely provoked the dog.

Agree 100%

Exactly 3rd cop should not have been there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
It's a dog, somebodies dog, it's not a lion, a tiger or a bear. I have two Rottweilers, one of which was imported from Germany who is trained to go for the jugular. If you have any decency, you give the dog a chance to not be my dog, because statistically you know most dogs are not, YES at the risk of your "well being", THEN you act. If you have enough perspective and can truly acknowledge your position, you should be able to calmly expect a survival circumstance therefore be able to expect the dog to act naturally. If you're afraid to take a couple nicks wrestling a dog, or are afraid the dog will kill you, then you are really not prepared to protect anyone without your sword, and thus are another boy with a toy. If you lean on your gun long enough the barrel bends, then the next time you fire it blows up in your face. Circle of life. The next person who shoots before defending himself like a man should be hanged. /my opinion

RIP Max the dog

Exactly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD