GTI to STI?

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
nick's bmw is always broke. dats why.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Got some snow last night. I drove for about 2-2.5 hours in a pretty mean blizzard last night. The car gets beat around by slush really easily, I blame the 245 summer tires for that. Other then that the car did great. Always felt in control.

I took it out this morning, with 9 inches of snow in spots and she felt unphased honestly. I had all the traction I wanted, until I didn't want it and she would go instant sideways. It was awesome!

Stage two and winter tires are on the list for sure! Haha

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Where are you getting all this snow? 4wd drifts FTW.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
go to stage five.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I had a little down time. I've been wanting to get this little side project done for a while now. Winter bumper. Gonna sticker bomb it I think just for the hell of it. It's gonna get ass raped by rocks, snow, salt, and probably more rabbits. Haha

turned out meh. But not doing it again. Haha

Zoidbort

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 MKV GTI Revo 2
Don't the newer STI's have a weak cylinder #4 that causes headaches after tuning?
At least from what I have read.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Don't the newer STI's have a weak cylinder #4 that causes headaches after tuning?

yes, ringland failure can happen.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
It causes headache whenever it feels man. Before tuning, after tuning. No "solutions" have been figured out yet. But there are a few preventative things you can do that can help, but won't take the problem away. The only real solution is an engine build.

But honestly, out of the numbers of people buying WRX/sti platforms and number of people that get ringland failures. I have confidence that my car will be fine. I've had no issues with it so far, and she has ran extremely well for me.

yes, ringland failure can happen.
True.