GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI to STI?

Subie2013

Humble yourself
So I finally got around to painting my brake calipers. I hated the fact that I had brembos and they said STI on the calipers. That's retarded. So, the color I choose is actually a production color for GM cars. It's a candy apple red. But I had it changed, the color normally comes with a metallic silvery color. I had that removed and put gold flakes into it. Also, it's a stage one paint so there is only one thick coat on the calipers with two base coats of white. The project took me about 16 hours with the help of my dad. I doubt he ever reads this, but he saved my ass a few times with this project. And he made it my birthday presents(it's next week, woooo). So it completely free outside of labor.

I didn't snag a picture of the stock calipers, so I googled one for reference.

First step, removing stuff.

Got everything prepped, I decided to not paint the very back side. No one is gonna see it, and I didn't wanna risk getting paint into the brake reservoirs.

Continue to the next post, Tapatalk sucks my dick and only allows 6 attachments.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I'd like to thank Rus, Nick, and NatyNate for the stickers. Rus and Nick for being cute, and Nate for making them. :)

Gave the BBS a good wash while I was waiting for the paint to bake.

Also, color matched my Hellas

Fresh

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Them on the car, this color is so stupid hard to capture on camera. And the lighting sucked because its been raining none stop here lately. I'll get Rus to get some photos cause he is basically a god.

My example of not being able to see them through picture

And then when I was driving home, I was passing this semi. He swerves right really hard, smokes this bumpers right into my car. Broke my lip, 2 clips on my fog light holder, the tow hook cover, spiders the paint everywhere, and cracked the bumper. The HP couldn't show up due to having some other more important business to take care of. So I'm getting a report today after church.

That's it. :)

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
You did an awesome job on those brakes! Looks awesome

Sucks about the bumper though....

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
shoulda done cherry blossom red.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Psh, you gave me a low blow. Just say, "hey, Tyler those brakes look great man."

Telling me they aren't good enough for you. Right in the heart, dagger in the heart.

when did i say that?