GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MKVII to have 260bhp!

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
i dont mind too much. sort of glad I havent modded too much on my 2012. I think the 200 horses is just fine for city driving, I do notice the lack of power at times while accelerating >55 mph.

but still, kudos to those who get the (possibly) bumped up bhp GTI

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yeah, I drive M Mode almost all the time. Next GTI will def be Manual

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
Yes, as does the Veloster Turbo and the new Genesis Coupe 2.0T, BMW's N55 I6 in the x35 models and the new N20 in the x28 and x30 models. Turbo engines are the future, and twin-scroll is the future of turbos.

Tri-turbo is even further downt he road in the future. Mated to new 7-speed MT transmissions with viscosity changing fluid that prevents drivers from selecting the wrong gear. All in the works at BMW.

Unanimous Shoe

Passed Driver's Ed
I have heard a few people complain about rattles. What exactly is rattling? I have had my car for 2 years and almost 40k miles and have no rattles to report.

My MKV GTI now, that stupid ass dash vent rattled quite a bit. Though still not excessively.

Probably easier to list off the things that don't rattle.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Tri-turbo is even further downt he road in the future. Mated to new 7-speed MT transmissions with viscosity changing fluid that prevents drivers from selecting the wrong gear. All in the works at BMW.

That's fucking retarded.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
That's fucking retarded.

Reminds me of a Camaro drag car I saw on a show once with four (yes 4!) superchargers on it........pretty soon the turbo banks will be larger than the engines....1.2L Sextuplet turbo screaming down the road..... :D

HangAWang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Fahrenheit GTI #2

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
Gas mileage helps that it's a diesel though. I don't know if this will be beneficial to regular gasoline engines.
Yes but considering the Golf TDI only has an EPA rating of 34mpg combined...I'd say it's getting pretty good mileage.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I don't know if this will be beneficial to regular gasoline engines.

That, and it only makes sense for engines with multiples of 6 cylinders (assuming it's parallel turbocharging... sequential maybe it could work with other configs.)

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
That, and it only makes sense for engines with multiples of 6 cylinders (assuming it's parallel turbocharging... sequential maybe it could work with other configs.)

Uses or starts using different turbos at different revs with all seeming to be powered from all cylinders. Like having the response of a small turbo and the top end of a large turbo, because you actually have both.

I think it could be used in gas engines as well.

jkm7385

260hp...not happening, a 50-60 hp jump would be stupid leaving not much room to grow hp wise among many other reasons. I say 225-235 and that being generous.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

HangAWang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Fahrenheit GTI #2
Not an EPA rated car. Let alone one we can get here... its incredibly complex, and the reliability will leave something up to be desired with 3 turbos. Just nuts

I was thinking the same thing. Just more that could go wrong with 3 turbos.